Highlighted
by RMurphy195 Investigator
Investigator

Unable to set up MyEE Account (Broadband)

I'm having a very frustrating time trying to set up  a MyEE account since Orange disappeared ( haven't logged in for ages).

I've successfully registered, but when I try to add my broadband to the registration it keeps telling me the information I am providing about my BB (Phone no, name, DOB, email address) is wrong, then after a bit of re-trying simply tells me to go away for 15 mins and try again!

How can I get MyEE set up so I can ask view my account and make changes ? There doesn't seem to be a contact no. I can use except 150 - but I'm not using Orange mobile!!

I'm busy enough with my impending house move as it is, if I can't get round this problem I'm going to be sooooo tempted to simply cancel the monthly DD with my bank and take my business elsewhere when I've moved.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Investigator
Solution

Re: Unable to set up MyEE Account (Broadband) SOLVED

Solved, thanks all. I tripped-over a "chat" box while exploring the EE site, so tried that - the chat line person resolved the problem by setting it up for me!

Thanks to all for yor responses

10 REPLIES
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Re: Unable to set up MyEE Account (Broadband)

Hi @RMurphy195

Welcome to the EE Community,

If you contact customer services they will be able to complete your registration for you as there is no account access here on the Community.

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@RMurphy195 ring 0800 956 6000 and select the option for broadband which is option 4

Investigator

Do they have an email address e.g. cusomerservices@ee.co.uk - something like that? The "Contact Us" link at the top of the page just sends me round in circles - a bit like the Virgin web site!

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@RMurphy195 unfortunately there is no email if you ring the freephone number I give in my last post from 8AM in the morning a advisor will be able to sort it out for you.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@RMurphy195: There's 1 thing in particular to be careful of when supplying your BB personal details.

The "Contact Email Address" requested when filling in the Home BB details is not necessarily the same as the email addy used as the username of the MyEE a/c being created or added to. It is the email addy EE already has on record for you for BB.

In your case it is probably your old orangehome.co.uk email addy that you never got round to changing.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC = 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Thanks for the info Dai I'll give that a try later.

XRayspecs - thanks for the info, had already tried that, and that is what is so frustrating! I was going through my "list" of former Orangehome addresses when I got the "go away" message - not very nice, I was trying to figure out if I'd mistyped something, before starting on my old mobile phone numbers!!

Far more useful would be if the error message pointed me in the direction of a customer services contact, as other companies do.

Will let you know later how I go on, thanks

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Did you try member@yourname.orangehome.co.uk ? You need to get the exact word before the '@' that you registered with.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC = 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator
Solution

Solved, thanks all. I tripped-over a "chat" box while exploring the EE site, so tried that - the chat line person resolved the problem by setting it up for me!

Thanks to all for yor responses

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome Smiley Happy! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

Was it your orangehome.co.uk email addy that was holding it up?

Investigator

Just checked my Broadbnd account now I can see it. I transferred to Orange many moons ago from Sky, and the personal email address on file is my old Sky oneMan Frustrated From more years ago than I care to remember!

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.