by Lewcifer Investigator
Investigator

Unable to open ports - faulty router??

Unable to forward ports.

Have an IP cam, worked perfectly with talktalk, plusnet, sky. Now not working with EE.

Port forwarding set up appears to be ok on router for my port 831. But when checking with external sites the port shows as closed. Or as stealth.

Can access the IP cam on lan with associated port 831 fine.

What else could be wrong?

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Lewcifer Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: Unable to open ports - faulty router??

Done it!!! Fixed it. I think this will help so many people.

I had the cam set up with a static IP.

Port forwarding wasn't working at all.

Instead I let the router pick up address with DHCP server. Then on the router told it to use the cams new IP always.

..then port forwarding (doing exactly the same as I had before) worked!!!!

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Lewcifer

Welcome to the community. 🙂

This is something our resident broadband expert @XRaySpeX may be able to help you with, when he logs in.

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Which router have you? Which IP Cam?

I can view an IP Cam, both home & away, thro' various EE routers.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Lewcifer Investigator
Investigator

EE Smart Hub, just got it a couple days ago.

IP cam is foscam HD

by

Thanks for coming back with the details @Lewcifer

Is this the same IP Cam you use @XRaySpeX?

Leanne 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Leanne_T : No, I have a D-Link 1. I also think it operates Netwise in a diff way.

@Lewcifer : Did you have to register an a/c at the Foscam site in order to view the camera away from home? If so, do you have to login to it whenever you want to view the camera away from home?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Lewcifer Investigator
Investigator

I've got the ddns set up with myfoscam still from the past 10 years. I've checked it out, still working fine. But with this router I can't access it. It's literally the router not actually opening the port.

by Lewcifer Investigator
Investigator

And no I don't need to log in each time. If I go to the relevant url/IP it should just work.

But it seems the obvious culprit is the router is not opening the port publicly as any port checker website is showing the port as closed/stealth

by

Hi there @Lewcifer

Thanks for providing the above information.

Have you had the chance to speak with our technical care team regarding this?

Katie 🙂

by Lewcifer Investigator
Investigator

They said to ask the question here

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Show us your Port Forwarding settings.

What does ShieldsUP! report the status of your ports when you use its All Service Ports & also your opened ports with User-Specified Custom Port Probe ?

by Lewcifer Investigator
Investigator

by Lewcifer Investigator
Investigator

Shieldsup shows the port as Stealth. Other port checkers show it as closed

by Lewcifer Investigator
Investigator

Anyone had a chance to look at my port forward settings yet? I need a solution to this asap or I'll have to leave we. Need to be able to access my IP cam remotely.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

May I see the Network & Wireless Settings of the IP Cam itself?

by Lewcifer Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Done it!!! Fixed it. I think this will help so many people.

I had the cam set up with a static IP.

Port forwarding wasn't working at all.

Instead I let the router pick up address with DHCP server. Then on the router told it to use the cams new IP always.

..then port forwarding (doing exactly the same as I had before) worked!!!!

View solution in original post

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Well done 🙂 ! I thought the answer must lie in the IP Cam's Settings. Like this:Capture.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.