by Dctarbuck Investigator
Investigator

Total WiFi dropout

I have the latest router, its been 'ok' up till the last few days. Now the wifi network is dropping out for all devices, i have reset the wireless settings within the router, rebooted it, changed the wifi channels reset it to auto, i've checked everything i know how to check, having spent 15 years in hardware and basic networking. I think i need it checking from the back end to see if they can find a problem, my question is could i hav missed something simple...

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Total WiFi dropout

Try factory resetting it. You sure the BB is still connected? What does it say after you log into the router:

• For a Smart Hub: on the Advanced Settings / Broadband / Internet page?

Obscure your names in the BB Username but post the 1st 2 parts of the IP addy.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Dctarbuck.

Please follow @XRaySpeX's advice and let us know how you get on.

A factory reset could be the answer.

Jon

Investigator

HI, yeah factory reset fine, i know the BB is fine the ethernet connections working as expected...

by Grand Master
Grand Master

So it's working fine now after a factory reset?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Unfortunately not.. still the Ethernet working fine and although signal can be seen by devices they can’t connect.. then on the odd occasion they manage to connect there is no data transfer.. just waiting in browser crashes in some apps that require internet and notifications that not connected to the internet. 

On my phone it suggests I contact me isp as might be a connection issue but it confuses things that the Ethernet works fine... I’m so close to just buying a decent router and seeing if that fixes the problem 😞

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Dctarbuck,

I would suggest contacting technical support. They'll be able to run through some diagnostics and get a replacement router out to you if necessary.

Thanks

James

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.