Highlighted
by freedy50 Investigator
Investigator

Too many junk telephone calls

I have been with EE for quite a few years on their mobile, broadband and home phone line, however I keep getting so many "International" junk calls on my home phone. It shows a phone number, but can't be traced to anybody. Does EE have any way of blocking these annoying calls or have I got to buy another phone that blocks them at my own expense?

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Too many junk telephone calls

No, EE provide nowt for this. BT has recently introduced BT Call Protect but EE hasn't taken it up. However I don't think it works very well, I still get them. Just ignore them or get a call blocker phone.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Too many junk telephone calls

The other thing to do is get yourself a handset that has the call blocking feature built in such as one of these.

They will work on any network and you just need to have the callerID feature activated on your line (which EE do offer, though may charge for) for the call blocking feature to work.

Having one of these on my Sky phone line has blocked the vast majority of unknown/sales calls.  Any unknown caller that comes through goes straight to the voicemail without the handset even ringing.

You can adjust the caller blocking features is several ways to block unknown callers or International calls etc.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.