by Amanda53 Investigator
Investigator

The most disgusting customer service ever!

I have had ongoing problems with my Ee broadband service for nearly 5 months.

but perhaps what is even more apawling is the disgusting customer service that I have had to endure during this time.

I have had to have various issue escalated to complaint status 6 times

I have had to continue to pay for this disgusting service throughout this time despite being told that credit had been applied to the account. The have also charged me , in error apparently, for the engineer vistit( I've had 3) despite the problem being nothing to do with anything internally within my property. I've been lied to, dismissed, takes down to and patronised on the phone.

I have never been treated with such disrespect by employees of a communications company who fail to "communicate "between their own  departments !

In addition each time I phone they sent me a text to rate my experience

As I have an non Ee mobile I always unable to elicit any reponse

I am beyond upset and I have nowhere or way to express this

disguted

13 REPLIES 13
by Amanda53 Investigator
Investigator

Re: The most disgusting customer service ever!

I apologise for typos above! So annoyed I can barely type!

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

What issues are you having with the service?

Maybe @XRaySpeX can help.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
by Amanda53 Investigator
Investigator

Hi

i have very limited speeds due to the distance from exchange and living in a rural area. The best I can get is usually 0.5 up to 0.7 max

However since January I fail to get even that and the main issue is the intermittency 

I can get 0.5 and literally minutes later 0.04 and this goes on constantly

the speed is also effected by time of day or day of week!

so the evenings and weekends are worst

ive had 3 engineers out including special investigations engineer and the problem continues !

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

If you would like help with your speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the steps and provide the data as requested in the Need Help with Your Home Broadband Speed or Connection? sticky. This will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Amanda53 wrote:

Hi

i have very limited speeds due to the distance from exchange and living in a rural area. The best I can get is usually 0.5 up to 0.7 max

However since January I fail to get even that and the main issue is the intermittency 

I can get 0.5 and literally minutes later 0.04 and this goes on constantly

the speed is also effected by time of day or day of week!

so the evenings and weekends are worst

ive had 3 engineers out including special investigations engineer and the problem continues !

@Amanda53 

What speeds did you have with your last provider? 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Amanda53 Investigator
Investigator

HI 

how can I attach a photo of a screenshot of my exchange details and my speed tests

apologies !

by Amanda53 Investigator
Investigator

I've been with wanadoo who were then bought by orange and then inturn by Ee

ive always had speeds of 0.5 and I accept that that's the best I can hope for

my problem is that since January I can't even get that and the intermittency is terrible

i don't understand how it was slow yet reliable before this and now this problem with the service dropping completely and regularly

The engineer removed storm proofing from the cabling as he felt this may have been problem but this hasn't helped 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

All you need to post are the links you get for the exchange & speedtest. For the router stats just copy & paste to here, It's far clearer to see these things in context.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, the link to your speedtest should look like:

Link to this result:
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1494679375631785655

by Amanda53 Investigator
Investigator

by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, that's not the result of the speedtest. Please follow these instruction exactly:

Click on the "Results Page" button at the bottom of the graph you first see and then copy to here just the "Link to this result:" link that you see below the next main graph.

Please try & post your router stats. They are of the most importance.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Amanda53 wrote:

I've been with wanadoo who were then bought by orange and then inturn by Ee

ive always had speeds of 0.5 and I accept that that's the best I can hope for

My parents live in rural Herefordshire (a county with less population than Gloucester city)

They get 2mb.

Herefordshire is know for it's slow speeds and ever lack of fibre in its city or towns. But the speeds aren't as bad as 0.5

Have you gone to companies and done a check to see what they can offer?

BT tell you how much you should realistically get on your line when you check your line with them.

Unless you are in rural Wales or Scotland 0.5 is way too low and you might as well fond a Dial up Internet provider rather than paying broadband prices.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Unless you are in rural Wales or Scotland 0.5 is way too low and you might as well fond a Dial up Internet provider rather than paying broadband prices.

0.5Mbps is not unusual in rural Surrey so don't believe the lies about only 3% of the UK not gettting Superfast.

The key facts here are that the original poster has much the same speed as they have always had.. so without upgrading to superfast it is not going to get better.  As more people on the cabinet go to "fibre" then the general speeds will go down for everyone else.  

Maybe you can tweak an extra 1Mb by optimising your system, proper master socket, clear out extensions, better router, better position of router...  hopefully the Special faults engineer would have ruled that out as a factor.

None of this is EE's fault.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.