Highlighted
by ulpashpatel
Explorer

The EE Router has tech issues with remembering admin passwords.

The EE router is having issues with remembering admin credentials repeatedly, either it is a software issue or hacking issues. This new EE router i was told when ordered is in distribution testing phase if it makes any difference? I have had to override the admin password 8 times in 6 weeks, and it does not make any sense i write them down then within 24 hours it doesn't work. Also, when the password is locked and a refresh timer is placed once closing the browser and relaunching the browser it allows the password to be entered sometime when the password does not work at all it will add minutes onto timer and sometimes the password surprisingly is accepted that was rejected several times in the previous browser attempts it behaves strangely. Any ideas? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: The EE Router has tech issues with remembering admin passwords.

@ulpashpatel : It shouldn't! Must be faulty! My EE SH remembers the admin pwd I gave it over a year ago.

Which EE router you talking about? None that I know of are in "distribution testing phase".

What refresh timer are you talking of?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@ulpashpatel : It shouldn't! Must be faulty! My EE SH remembers the admin pwd I gave it over a year ago.

Which EE router you talking about? None that I know of are in "distribution testing phase".

What refresh timer are you talking of?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

by ulpashpatel
Explorer

The timer is the delay after password is locked, countdown till it can be re-entered. I confirm it must be faulty then.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ulpashpatel,

Which router are you using?

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.