by Rharvey01 Investigator
Investigator

Technical Glitch on Packages page through PerksatWork

I went to take up the offer of 12,000 WOWPoints for signing up to EE broadband £21 a month via PerksatWork. Upon being redirected to EE to sign up the following message came up:
'we're making some updates to our website at the moment, so we're unable to process your request right now. We can help you over the phone though. If you'd like to change your existing home broadband or TV plan simply call us on 0800 079 8586'
I called EE and explained that I wanted to take up the offer of 12,000 WOWPoints if I sign up to broadband but they could not honour the offer and said it was online only. Please can you confirm when this glitch will be rectified? I have a pdf of the error page if required.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Employee
Solution

Re: Technical Glitch on Packages page through PerksatWork

Hi @Rharvey01

I understand your frustration.

As the link is working fine via the standard EE URL and the issue seems to only occur when going via Perksatwork, the investigation will have to be passed over via perksatwork.

Many thanks,

Lee

14 REPLIES 14
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Rharvey01  If the page you need is having update work done to it it will be taken down and will not be accessible.   You will need to wait for EE to finish their update work to that page. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Isn't that just between you & PerksatWork? I see no such offer on EE's BB packages page.

@Rharvey01 wrote:

Upon being redirected to EE to sign up

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
Investigator

Thank you.  The error message was on Sunday and is still there today.  Any ideas how long these things take?  Thanks again... 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Dunno which page you are talking about. Post its URL.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

PerksatWork confirmed its at error with the EE website and not their own which is correct if I get summoned EE number to dial on the glitch.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Rharvey01

Thanks for posting 🙂

Where are you trying to access this offer from?

Is this the page here you are talking about?

Richard

🙂

Investigator

Hi Richard,

I am accessing this offer via: http://www.perksatwork.com/offer/index/offerId/761184/usource/UKWH00

This is some commentary from the page to give you the gist of the offer:

'About EE Broadband

EE is the UK's fastest, and largest, 4G network - but not only are we getting you better connected whilst you're on the move, their Unlimited Home Broadband gets you whizzing away at home too.

All of their broadband packages are unlimited - that means no usage or download caps, whatever the time of day.

• Earn 7,000 WOWPoints on all broadband packages

When I have tried again today it still has the same error pop up. 

Thanks for any help you can provide in rectifying this.

Rachael

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, that's where you are logging in to apply for the offer. But which page is actually failing? Post its URL at the point it fails?

Investigator

https://broadband.ee.co.uk/packages - Is where it fails,but only when I access it via PerksatWork. 

I need to access the offer via the PerksatWork link in order to be able to claim the points.

Hope this makes sense.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Must be a mismatch between PerksatWork & EE BB. It's not handling the referral correctly. Something PerksatWork & EE need to sort out between them.

by
EE Employee

Hi @Rharvey01 

This will have to be reported to PerksatWork to have the link through investigated.

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Hi @Lee_H,

Thanks for the below.

Following a conversation with someone at Perksatwork they have informed me that the investigation will need to take place your end, as the issue in on your website (EE). Can you please advise?

Thanks,

Rachael

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You will need to discuss that with CS.

by
EE Employee
Solution

Hi @Rharvey01

I understand your frustration.

As the link is working fine via the standard EE URL and the issue seems to only occur when going via Perksatwork, the investigation will have to be passed over via perksatwork.

Many thanks,

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.