by zoxed

Taking over an existing connection / contact from Germany

Hi, I am buying a house in Cumbria and the existing owner has EE Broadband/phone.

To keep things simply I would like to take that over, but can not find any advice on the EE website about doing this.

1) How do I register for the switch (5th May)

2) the only contact details I can find on this website is an 0800 number, which can not be used from outside the UK.

3) I assume a seperate, German, billing address would be OK.

(all payments would be from my UK Current account.)

Thank, Simon

EE Employee

Re: Taking over an existing connection / contact from Germany

Hi @zoxed and welcome to the Community.


You are able to do an account transfer,


You both have to be together at the time when you call to complete the transfer as customer services will need to confirm existing customer details and then your details and perform a credit check.


Hope this helps,



by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Taking over an existing connection / contact from Germany

I think it will have to be a new contract in your name.


  1. Just apply to EE for new BB on the existing landline no. Have you tried applying online at & see what it offers?
  2. You could phone the Freephone no. over Skype for free.
  3. It may not. You will need to pass a credit check based on your UK history & not being on the electorial roll would be a no-no.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.