by Unkownmagic Investigator
Investigator

Switching from sky fibre to EE fibre broadband.

Hello, I've decided to switch from sky to EE, the broadband side of it I'm switching from sky fibre to EE fibre, I have been given an activision date of 2 weeks time but I'm wondering if it could be switched quicker than that? I know when I had gone from talk talk to sky it was a similar activision time but it was done within an hour of plugging in the router so I'm wondering if that would be the case with switching from sky to EE? I have been reading about different switch times and it is all a little confusing to me so thought I'd just ask here and see if anyone could possibly help me out. Thanks in advance if you can.

8 REPLIES 8
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Switching from sky fibre to EE fibre broadband.

Hi @Unkownmagic 

Welcome to the EE Community,

as your switch requires a Openreach engineer to visit your local exchange to complete your transfer it will take 14 days.

Thanks,

David.

Investigator

I've had an email yesterday from EE saying that they will be changing it remotely so an engineer won't be needed which is a new one for me,  this is why I asked about it possibly be connected quicker than the 2 weeks I've been told? 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Unkownmagic  they mean they dont have to visit your property by using Sky broadband your connected to their  equipment in the exchange to swap you to EE they need to connect you back to the BT equipment.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@David_C : As does a TT to Sky transfer need a OR eng.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Unkownmagic wrote:

when I had gone from talk talk to sky it was a similar activation time but it was done within an hour of plugging in the router

How do you know it had been moved to Sky by that time? It could still be on TT working thro' the Sky router, cuz TT doesn't do any BB authentication  & will work on any router. Would you have known the difference?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

I was notified via email I believe (its been 6 years since it happened) that sky had activated the BB their end so I knew it was working on sky's service and not TT. I can only assume it will Just be the 2 weeks given, I just wanted to know if it's possible for EE to activate the service before the date they have given. 

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

It's possible. You'll just have to wait & see. When your Sky router stops authenticating you'll know it's time to change.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

The go live date is out of their control as it's given to them by Openreach.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.