by kavehill1989
Explorer

Swapping names on account

Hi, I am moving out of my house and my sister is taking over the property. I was wondering if there is a way that she could take over the broadband and EE TV that is currently in the property as she said it would be perfect for her. 

Is there a way to change name and bank (for direct debit) so that she can take it over and keep it at that address for herself.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Swapping names on account

Good Morning @kavehill1989

Welcome to the EE Community. 

If you wish for your sister to take over your current contract, you will need to speak with our customer care team

It is recommended that you are both together when the change is processed due to needing authorisation from yourself and a credit check to be performed on the new account holder. 

If you can't be together, don't worry. If you call our customer care team and notify them you are looking to transfer the account, they can put the right steps in place for when your sister calls.

Good luck with your move, 

Katie 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
by
Solution

Good Morning @kavehill1989

Welcome to the EE Community. 

If you wish for your sister to take over your current contract, you will need to speak with our customer care team

It is recommended that you are both together when the change is processed due to needing authorisation from yourself and a credit check to be performed on the new account holder. 

If you can't be together, don't worry. If you call our customer care team and notify them you are looking to transfer the account, they can put the right steps in place for when your sister calls.

Good luck with your move, 

Katie 🙂

by kavehill1989
Explorer

Thankyou so much I will get in touch very soon
by

Please let me know if you have any further questions in the meantime @kavehill1989

Have a fantastic weekend, 

Katie 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.