by Jonboy53
Explorer

Swapping Phone/ Broadband to EE from Plusnet

Does anyone know whether I need to chase EE regarding my  Broadband being cancelled with Plusnet. Have had  email conformation from Plusnet that the phone line has been swapped but nothing regarding the broadband as yet.  Meant to be going live this Monday (18th) and advised new router in post yesterday.

Can I assume EE have it all under control?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Swapping Phone/ Broadband to EE from Plusnet

OFCOM rules that the old provider should be sending you a letter covering both landline & BB and giving you 2 weeks to refuse the transfer so as to prevent you being slammed. If you haven't received such a letter from PN I wouldn't assume anything. However it is v. unlikely that EE has asked PN for the landline but not the BB as EE doesn't do 1 w/out the other.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Have you registered your MyEE a/c? If so, you could look in the BB section at OrdersTrack an order .

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jonboy53

Welcome to the community and thanks for joining EE Broadband.

Your new router will arrive on or just before your activation day.

We’ll let you know via text or email the morning it’s due to go live and again when it’s live.

This could be any time up to midnight. Once your broadband is live you can set up your router.

Let us know if you have any questions 🙂

Leanne.

by Jonboy53
Explorer

Hi Leanne,

Thank you for your reply, however my question was whether EE will have advised Plusnet that I will be using EE for broadband as from the 18th.

I'm assuming they will have done this automatically however Plusnet haven't confirmed anything about the their broadband cancelling as yet although they have acknowledged the phone line is moving.

Should I just wait and see what happens once I've gone live with EE on the 18th? Just don't want to be charged twice next month

Kind regards

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

OFCOM rules that the old provider should be sending you a letter covering both landline & BB and giving you 2 weeks to refuse the transfer so as to prevent you being slammed. If you haven't received such a letter from PN I wouldn't assume anything. However it is v. unlikely that EE has asked PN for the landline but not the BB as EE doesn't do 1 w/out the other.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.