by Mrk26 Investigator
Investigator

Stability profile on EE FTTC

Hello, 

I would like to ask what stability profiles are used by EE. Reason I asking is that my line can't hold on fast patch longer than one day due to huge amount of CRC and ES errors, I'm on 80/20. When is on fast patch line sync on 76895kbps/23059kbps with speed 75494kbps/20000kbps what give ip profile  69.63/20 on bt wholesale. (upstream is still on fast patch only downstream go on interleave, probably different tolerance on errors). Cross talk and crap cabinet ECI do they job properly as I'm only 100m away from cabinet. After a day on fast patch line go on interleave because of above mentioned errors what cause lower ping (very important for online games). I don't use EE smart hub now as there is no any stats at all, instead I use Asus DSL-AC88U which got same chipset as EE SH but Asus give me some stats and I can see why I stuck on interleave.

So main question as per title is what stability profile use EE for FTTC and if it's possible to switch to speed profile (looks like is not on by default on EE FTTC) which will have higher tolerance for errors, maybe DLM need to be reset if different profile is applied. Forgot to mention, when I got errors on fast patch I didn't observe any problems with connection when using internet, just erros keep counting. 

8 REPLIES 8
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Stability profile on EE FTTC

Hi @Mrk26 

Welcome to the community. 

@XRaySpeX is our community broadband expert, he might be able to get some information on this for you, when he logs in.

Otherwise, I recommend speaking to our Broadband Gurus about this

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

If you would like help with your BB speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the following steps for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further. Do not restart your router to do these tests:

1. Post your full router stats.

Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

2. Try a wired speedtest, using an Ethernet cable supplied with the router, here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html . Click on the "Results Page" button at the bottom of the graph you first see and then copy to here just the "Link to this result:" link that you see below the next main graph.

3. What exchange are you connected to? If you don't know use: http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search and post the URL of your exchange page.

4. What does BT Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Mrk26 Investigator
Investigator

Well some of the informations I provided already, in fitst post about my speed etc. I'm on Yeovil exchange cabinet 23. Dsl checker say that I'm just over 400m from exchange, however cabinet P23 it's just round the corner, using google the shortest distance to cabinet is around 60m but obviously I accept margin in the way how cables can go that is why I said I'm around 100m from cabinet. 

I don't complain about speed because these seems to be right like for cabinet to which I'm connected, it's just quality of the broadband connection, where I'm struggle to get on fast patch which will give me lower ping. When I'm on interleave I got hundreds thousands of FEC errors on downstream, when I was on fast patch there was no single FEC error on downstream but there was lots (over 40k in one day)of CRC errors which cause put me back on interleave. 

When I'm on interleave I usually can get just over 60Mb/s download speed and about 19Mb/s upload. When I was on fast patch I could reach 68Mb/s download and upload 20Mb/s. In my case it really doesn't matter if I use wired or wireless as my pc connecting to router via 5Ghz WiFi with 1.3Gb/s, (speed between pc and router) so there is no delays in this matter( compared with laptop connected directly and results on pc are slighty better). 

I read somewhere that different stability profiles allow for different amount of errors, that is why I asked which stability profile EE using. Of course somebody can say that I fit in minium guaranteed speed and so on but that is not the case as I don't have problem with speed. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It doesn't do FEC on Fast Path; it leaves them uncorrected. That's why it's fast!

There's more to router stats than speeds, but I'll leave that down to you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Mrk26 Investigator
Investigator

It does do FECs on fast patch but only on upstream because ECI cabinet don't support phyReXmt and SRA is disabled for upstream even that in router this option is enabled.

Is more to the cabinet which I'm connected than my router at the moment as router is capable for all latest tech goodies to provide best performance and stability (as advertised :D) where cabinet to which I'm connected not necessary, even EE Smart Hub have same chipset for DSL connection as my router, but my current router have much better WiFi.

Simple comparison:

ECI cabinet: Interleave, Fast patch, no G.INP, No Vectoring, no ReTx 3db profile

Huawei  Cabinet:Interleave, G.INP, Vectoring, ReTx 3db profile.

All futures which are available in Huawei cabinet are supported by my router, so based on experience other users like my brother (where his cabinet (Huawei) which is about 400m away from his house) he got full speed (80/20) and thanks to vectoring he is not affected by cross talk ( he is also with EE because I recommended to him based on my experience from past, before I moved house).

So based on nature of equipment to which I'm connected on the street I know that I can't expect too much that is why I asked for stability profile,  but looks like nobody never heard about such thing....

by Mrk26 Investigator
Investigator

So after downstream reach huge amount of CRC errors on fastpatch DLM put interleave on downstream while upstream still stayed on fastpatch. However with milions of FEC errors I doubt if there will be a chance to get back fastpatch on downstream.

DSL Driver Version A2pvfbH043q.d27b
DSL Link Status Link up
DSL Uptime 2 days 0 hours 16 minute(s) 31 seconds
DSL modulation ITU G.993.2(VDSL2)
ANNEX Mode ANNEX B
Current Profile 17a
System Vendor ID Infineon:0xb206
System Vendor Model ID 41327076666248303433670000000000
Modem Vendor ID Infineon:0xb206

Line Status
Downstream   Upstream
TCM(Trellis Coded Modulation) ON ON
SNR 6.2 dB   6.6 dB
Line Attenuation 13.5 dB   N/A
Path Mode Interleaved   Fast
Interleave Depth 1353   1
Data Rate 69180 kbps   20000 kbps
MAX Rate 83661 kbps   23140 kbps
POWER 1.5 dbm   1.5 dbm
CRC 98    896
HEC 297    0
ES 30      832
SES 0        0
FEC 3306949     9476
INP 3.00 symbols    0 symbols

by Mrk26 Investigator
Investigator

Just to bump this thread as I can see that there is no sensible input from "tech experts".

Modem re-sync last night, now DLM dropped my downstream for another 6Mb

DSL Driver Version A2pvfbH043q.d27b
DSL Link Status Link up
DSL Uptime 0 days 19 hours 40 minute(s) 49 seconds
DSL modulation ITU G.993.2(VDSL2)
ANNEX Mode ANNEX B
Current Profile 17a
System Vendor ID Infineon:0xb206
System Vendor Model ID 41327076666248303433670000000000
Modem Vendor ID Infineon:0xb206
Line Status
Downstream    Upstream
TCM(Trellis Coded Modulation)
ON
SNR 8.3 dB    7.5 dB
Line Attenuation 13.5    dB N/A
Path Mode Interleaved    Fast
Interleave Depth 1241    1
Data Rate 63364 kbps    19540 kbps
MAX Rate 83981 kbps    22162 kbps
POWER 3.0 dbm    2.9 dbm
CRC 502    284
HEC 2165    0
ES 94    205
SES 0    0
FEC 21135847    32905
INP 3.00 symbols    0 symbols

Exactly same scenario as on EE smart hub, with difference that I can see what is going on now.

Once DLM reset connection straightaway 20 millions FEC errors, will wait for another drop and will ask EE to send engineer my way because this is not what I pay for, even that somebody will say I still receiving minimum guaranteed speed, at the moment quality of service going down every week.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Mrk26

If you get in touch with our Broadband Tech Gurus, they will be able to get this looked into further for you.

Let us know how you get on.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.