Highlighted
by Walldunc01
Visitor

Sony android TV connection issues to EE fibre broadband - partly working

Hi, 

Having recently switched to EE fibre broadband I have reconnected my Sony android TV (KD-49XE9005) using wired LAN cable but only some smart functions are working. The issues seem to be worst with YouView programme guide and info interface. As this was working with previous Plusnet Router One I am assuming it's the connection to EE router or associated settings. Streaming content works fine, just YouView EPG, info and functionality  

A Sony TV network connection status check reveals the cable connection is "OK" but local access has failed IPv6 with Internet access having failed IPv4 and IPv6. The troubleshooting suggestion recommends router set up is issue (see photo) 

Any suggestions welcomed. I have tried to interrogate EE hub for options but not worked it out. IMG_20190401_211426.jpg

IMG_20190401_211510.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Sony android TV connection issues to EE fibre broadband - partly working

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

The EE BB network does not support IPv6, anymore than does PN. So those msgs are not v. indicative & also partly false re: IPv4. Also if that overlay msg were true you'd have no Net connection at all.

This YouView programme guide, is that an app of the TV or built into the main  programme guide?

Post your full router stats.

For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings/ System/ DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page.

For a SmartHub: login and go to Advanced Settings/ Technical Log/ Information.

Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Sony android TV connection issues to EE fibre broadband - partly working

@Walldunc01 

Can you not go into the TV network settings and change to IPv4?

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.