by davidp38 Investigator
Investigator

Smart plugs worked with BT Hub but not now with EE Hub - no help from EE techs!

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Smart plugs worked with BT Hub but not now with EE Hub - no help from EE tec

For an EE Smart Hub try separating the wireless channels. On the Advanced / Wireless Settings page of the SH there is a button near the top to Separate the Bands. Turn it ON. Then the 5GHz SSID will appear starting with "5GHz-" & the 2.4 GHz SSID not starting with "5GHz-". Then connect the smart plug to the 2.4 GHz SSID if it can't do 5GHz.

It's a disgrace that EE BB CS hasn't been trained up in this common issue with the EE SH. If it's not a case of  "join this to that" or "switch it off then on" they are bamboozled 😞 .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Smart plugs worked with BT Hub but not now with EE Hub - no help from EE tec

Hi @davidp38,

Welcome to the EE Community. 

I'm sorry to hear Customer Care were unable to resolve this issue for you.

Please let us know how you get on after following @XRaySpeX's advice.

Thanks 🙂

James

by davidp38 Investigator
Investigator

Hi - I have been into my EE Hub settings and note that both bands are set to ON so that is not the cause of the problem I'm having!

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for confirming this @davidp38

I have sent you a private message for further information. 

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It's not a question of the bands being on but a matter of separating them  You're not looking where I said.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by davidp38 Investigator
Investigator

Hi - sorry have been away for the weekend now back at it.  Have just looked in the advanced settings and see that the separate bands switch is ON - please advise further - do I need a new hub since the plugs worked perfectly with BT - 2x plugs are TP-Link 100.  Thank you

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.