by MT6886 Investigator
Investigator

Smart hub port forwarding help please

Just had new fibre and smart hub today. Putting in details for port forwarding for cctv and seems to have gone ok. Saved but on checking (canyouseeme) ports are not open. Used the same port numbers and settings as my old ASUs router. Anyone had same issues? An old post says the router needed changing but customer services are fobbing me off that if there was a problem with the router there would be no internet working and they can’t help with advanced problems like port forwarding. Anyone have any advice or info please?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by MT6886 Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: Smart hub port forwarding help please

Thanks for your help and suggestions to those who replied. I’ve tried resetting and rebooting.
In the end I found a solution, which may not be for everyone....carefully take your SmartHub and throw it in the bin and get yourself a decent ASUS router for port forwarding, worked first time.
6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @MT6886 

After you have saved your ports does your CCTV work?

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by MT6886 Investigator
Investigator

Can’t view cctv, usually using an app on my phone worked fine with old router. Coped exact settings, show up in the port forwarding list but on checking ports are still closed.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MT6886,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Have you tried a factory reset?

Thanks

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Can you view the CCTV on the phone app when connected by WiFi, not the mobile network?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by MT6886 Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Thanks for your help and suggestions to those who replied. I’ve tried resetting and rebooting.
In the end I found a solution, which may not be for everyone....carefully take your SmartHub and throw it in the bin and get yourself a decent ASUS router for port forwarding, worked first time.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted 😉.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.