by saf474561
Explorer

Smart Hub to Apple Airpot settings

Hi

I have recently changed from BT Fibre to EE Fibre, I have EE's Smart Hub and have plugged my AirPort into the Gig port but I need the Account name and password can anybody help or offer any advise to fix this

Many thanks

Scott

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Smart Hub to Apple Airpot settings

@saf474561 : Do you mean the BB Username & pwd of the BB PPPoE connection or the WiFi network name & pwd? Please tell us a bit more about what the Apple Airport needs & what you are trying to do with it. Many of of us won't be familiar with it. It's another router, isn't it? If it's plugged in to a LAN port of the SH I can't see why it needs any a/c name or pwd.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by saf474561
Explorer

On the PPoE settings on the AirPort settings it is asking for the 'Account Name' & Password, when I was on BT I found these on the internet.

Yes the Apple AIrPort is another router, which is wireless and I would like to route everything through this

I also need to confirm which port it plugs into on the SMART Hub is it the Gig port ?

Many thanks

Scott

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@saf474561 wrote:

it is asking for the 'Account Name' & Password, when I was on BT I found these on the internet.

& were these "bthomehub@btinternet.com" with a generic password of "bt"?

The equivalent for EE you will find as the BB Username on the Advanced Settings / BB page of the EE SH, looking like PRODUCTIONHQNUN123456@FS to go with a pwd of HQNPASS123456. Simply replace the numbers in the password, with the ones found in your username.

But should you be connecting the Airport as PPPoE? Should it not be as Ethernet & you won't need the EE BB Username & pwd set in it?

All 4 of the EE SH are Gig ports. You can use any 1 as a LAN port.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.