by AA52 Investigator
Investigator

Slow speed on Fiber Plus

Hi,

I recently got EE Fibre plus with a min. 75mbps and max of 79 mbps and guaranteed 74mbps. I was very happy with the installation and enjoying the consistent good speed usally about 73.4 mbps. but after a week it dropped to 66mbps and I assumed it was due to the testing in the initial 10 days. but its been over 2 weeks now and it hasn't moved above 54-57mbps and is settled. the download sync on the router shows 60mbps, I don't know why... I had contacted EE after the 10 days and they logged in as a fault and couldn't find any fault on the line.

1. Router stats:Router stats.jpg

2. wired speed test results: https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1549984591191243155

3. My local exhange:

https://availability.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/LWSHE

4. Bt Broadband Availability Checker:BT Broadband checker.jpg

Any help would be really appreciated.

4 REPLIES
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Slow speed on Fiber Plus

What are all EE's contractual speed estimates given in your MyEE for BB under Your broadband speed ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC = 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by AA52 Investigator
Investigator

Your broadband speed

Broadband speed tells you how fast data is sent (upload speed) or received (download speed) along your phone line. It's measured in megabits a second (Mb/sec), usually shortened to Meg or Mb.

Minimum Fibre Download Speed is 75.0 Mb/Sec

Maximum Fibre Download Speed is 76.0 Mb/Sec

Minimum Fibre Upload Speed is 19.0 Mb/Sec

Maximum Fibre Upload Speed is 20.0 Mb/Sec

Minimum Guaranteed Download Speed is 74.0 Mb/Sec

You'll find more information in our guide about broadband speed.

To find out your actual broadband speed, you can run a speed test. You'll find more help with this in our guide to testing your broadband speed.

EE is a signatory to the Voluntary Broadband Speeds Code of Practice. This means that we will always aim to give our customers clear and accurate information on home broadband speeds.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You are actually getting 60 Meg, well below EE's Minimum Guaranteed Download Speed of 74 Meg. You should call EE to complain that they are not delivering their Guaranteed speed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC = 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by AA52 Investigator
Investigator

UPDATE: I had talked to EE and they sent out an engineer. He saw no fault with the router or wiring and told that he will check the cabinet. I will be notified by EE later regarding the outcome.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.