by ash_mistry Investigator
Investigator

Slow access to router admin

ANy help but recently the access to the ee router has been very slow and some pages such as BASIC and the SYSTEM LOG under ADVANCED do not load.

Also all my reserved IP and scheduling setup has disappeared.

Nothing has changed in my use.

5 REPLIES 5
by SoRo Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: Slow access to router admin

Perhaps showing us the logs if the EE is the internet provider, someone from EE can check it over for you, or perhaps calling them up. 

Meanwhile, if I can see somewhat of logs, and what router you’re using, I’ll see if I can help you out 🤔

by ash_mistry Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for getting back so quickly.
The system log page does not show up.
When I click on it I just get a blank page with just the headers, STATUS BASIC ADVANCED

regards

Ash
by Grand Master
Grand Master

This is a BrightBox, isn't it? It sounds faulty.

Have you tried rebooting it & then factory resetting it?

If these still fail you should call EE for a replacement router.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by SoRo Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Are you able to go on to: 192.168.0.1, logs and see any kind of advanced logs where it will show us the router details along with other information, I’ll need that to be able to further the assistance, if you can’t access the logs, there’s some tutorials out there.

this can be many reasons at this point, it can be to do with the usage, it can be to do with how you set up the box, perhaps something isn’t plugged in properly (which if the case, follow instructions, unplug everything again, wait 30 seconds and do it again)

Last case scenario, it may be faulty of the box, but again, without further details, it’s  hard to see the issue. 

if you say that your ip is also disappearing, perhaps look in prompt command (on pc/laptop) and type: ipconfig (DONT POST THE PICTURE HERE)

This should see if you are fully connected to the WiFi. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@SoRo : EE Brightbox routers reside at http://192.168.1.1 .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.