by Kaylaskidmore Investigator
Investigator

Signs my account is restricted

How will I know if my account is restricted please? 

6 REPLIES 6
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Signs my account is restricted

Hi @Kaylaskidmore

Thanks for coming to the community.

Is this a broadband or mobile account?

Do you have an outstanding balance?

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

What makes you think it's restricted? Have you recently not paid your bill or paid it late? Those are really the only reasons EE may limit your BB & then they are more likely to suspend it completely.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Hi, I have a outstanding bill, which will be paid on Saturday. But I just can't find anywhere which tells me if its cut off or there's a problem. I did the EE virtual help app thing which said there was a problem with my brightbox

Sent from my Huawei phone
Investigator

Hiya leanne, it's broadband. I have a outstanding balance which is getting paid Saturday. But I was wondering if there will be somewhere that tells me if its cut off. Like will a different coloured light come on the hub or anything 🙂 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Kaylaskidmore

Thanks for coming back to me 🙂

If you haven’t paid your bill, we may put a pause on your account.

This means you won’t be able to go online, to know if this is the case you should have an email from us to explain this.

Leanne 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Had you agreed with EE that you will pay it on Saturday?

What does it say after you log into the router,:

• For a BrightBox: in the Internet section on the initial Status page or
  • For a Smart Hub: on the Advanced Settings / Broadband / Internet page?

Obscure your names & numbers in the BB Username but post the 1st 2 parts of the IP addy. This might tell us if something's up with the router.

Does the phone work? Do you get a dial tone? Does it announce your correct no. when you dial 1470 17070?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.