by Scott1210s Investigator
Investigator

Shut out from phone customer support

Im new on here and already started a thread for my main issue of slow/faulty broadband speed, but i also have another issue which im not sure how to resolve. So thought id make a seperate thread for it. (and wont be able to get my line fault fixed either because of it) 

phoned EE a month or two ago, and there was nothing they could do for me. Why? Because when they answered my call, to then verify who i am, they asked me a security question that iv never been asked before, or that they have changed the verification process. 

have been with EE since 2006 (whom of course over that time were still Orange or maybe even still Wanadoo) and the info i always needed or only kept at hand during all those years was my username and password. I assume the question they wanted the answer to was something i would of answered or filled in on a 'join up' website back in 2006. From the fact it was never said or implied at the time that i would ever need to have that information to hand for when i phone customer support (and for nearly 10 years that was the case that i didnt need it) then it's ridiculous that i was basically being expected 'from memory' to know the answer to a question that i would of first answered over 12 YEARS AGO! 

So im now shut out from being able to get any customer support over the telephone, and feel like an abandoned or an old customer who's been left behind in the past because they have created a new verification question and my old info has been made obselete. 

find it ridiculous that not only do i feel as a customer i should of been informed of this change through correspondence in a letter and had the new personal information i needed sent to me, but i also whilst on the phone wasnt allowed to verify myself through any other way. Name? address? username?  password? phone number? bank details? Nope... Just the one question!! I was told i would need to travel to one of EE's stores. Well i shouldnt be put in this situation where now everytime iv ever got an issue iv got to travel to a store! 

But here's the other thing i now find ridiculous about that. Since that happened and now coming here to join this website, to register here i need to verify who i am with personal information connected to my account. So how comes to be able to verify myself on here im able to do so with other information, but im not able to do so over the telephone.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Shut out from phone customer support

Login to your MyEE for BB & under Edit account you will find:

• Telephone Security Question
  • Telephone Security Answer

& you may even change them there.

Mine has been unchanged since 1999 & so there is no reason for yours not to be also.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Login to your MyEE for BB & under Edit account you will find:

• Telephone Security Question
  • Telephone Security Answer

& you may even change them there.

Mine has been unchanged since 1999 & so there is no reason for yours not to be also.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Scott1210s Investigator
Investigator

Nice one! 👍 Big thanks for that!!

Obviously who i spoke to on the phone didnt know i could retrieve that information from here, when maybe they should of. 

The question i was asked on the phone was name a significant year, which i thought well surely most peoples obvious answer would be their date of birth, but that wasnt it. But now iv seen the answer i know what it signifies. Which i intrestingly when wondering recently what the answer might be did wonder if it might be that.

Ok that's one of my major issues sorted!  You can sit there knowing you did a very good deed today. Haha. Thanks again! 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.