by morrissey2020 Contributor
Contributor

Second thoughts

I must admit that after two days with EE broadband I’m really regretting my decision. The Wi-fi signal is pitiful and I’ve had to restart the router several times already. There’s dead spots in the house (even within sight of the Bright Box), the TV box is next to useless as I’m constantly having to reboot it or power it down when it freezes, unless of course it just switches itself off and the TV app is hit and miss whether it works unless I’m sitting on the router. I’m assuming that the equipment will need replacing but I can’t really face hanging on a phone for an hour so it’s just tough. Anyway, the BT home hub will be coming out tomorrow and the TV box is going to be disconnected so we’ll have to do with free view for a while. I’m totally disappointed.

12 REPLIES 12
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Re: Second thoughts

Why do you have a BT Home hub connected to anything ? This will cause all sorts of problems if connecyed to the same circuit as the Brightbox.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

If you would like help with your speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the steps and provide the data as requested in the Need Help with Your Home Broadband Speed or Connection? sticky. This will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Contributor

I haven’t got my home hub connected to anything at the moment; I’m purely using EE hardware. I’d just like to get some Wi-fi that’s usable and I think adding a router as a Wi-fi extender is the only way.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @morrissey2020,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Have you tried changing the WiFi channel?

Are you connecting via 2.4GHz or 5GHz? (You might find using 2.4GHz improves the WiFi range)

Do you experience the same issues when using a wired connection?

Thanks

James

Contributor

Final straws:

Had to power up the TV box four times yesterday. It just stalls or switches itself off.

This morning once again the WiFi has disconnected from our devices so have done the daily reset at the router.

And I can’t talk to anyone because the phones are down.

Goodbye EE, I’m just checking my T&Cs to get out of this awful experience.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

You should have a 14 day cooling off period to cancel if needed.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@BrendonH wrote:

You should have a 14 day cooling off period to cancel if needed.

From sign-up not going live.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Contributor

How do you know it’s going to be awful until you go live though?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You don't but this is the supply of services, not goods.

Contributor

So what happens when both goods and services turn out to be sub standard?

It’s not good enough and I will be terminating my contract.

Once I get through on the phone that is!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@morrissey2020: Sorry, I stand corrected. I was going by an older T&Cs, not realising EE had brought out a more consumer-friendly one about 3 months ago.

As long as you ordered your BB by phone or online, not thro' an EE shop, you may cancel FoC within 14 days of your actual activation date.

Contributor

Great, thanks

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.