by Cookie62 Investigator
Investigator

Router automatic power off

Firstly, apologies from a newbie - I'm sure the question has been raised a zillion times from others with stay-awake-all-night teenagers!

As IP addresses appear to be allocated automatically and randomly (?) I want to simply block all IP addresses between the hours of 1am and 6am in our household. Please could you tell me the simplest way of achieving this, as I'm sure it is eaiser than listing all of the devices that three teenagers use.

Thanks in advance!

Cookie62

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Router automatic power off

1. You can always use the DHCP to Reserve your IPs to a fixed manageable range if you like.
  2. You may use the Firewall's Schedule Rules & Access Control to block a range of IPs within certain times (Note: Over midnight will require 2 rules).
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Router automatic power off

Good evening @Cookie62

Welcome to the community. 🙂

I'm not aware of anything that we can do through our systems to do this, but, I see @XRaySpeX has given you some options above.

If you have any questions or need more help, I'm sure he'd be happy to help. 🙂

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.