by mdeza1
Explorer

Red Broadband Signal

Hello,

Yesterday I recieved an several emails from EE saying that my "broadband is up and running" however I still have a red light on the broadband. Ive tried everything I could find in the internet such as disconecting it, using the virtual support and area check but its still red.

I was wondering if there is a way i can fix this as i need the broadband connection.

Thanks,

M

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Red Broadband Signal

@mdeza1: Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

What does it say after you log into the router:

• For a BrightBox: in the Internet section on the initial Status page or
  • For a Smart Hub: on the Advanced Settings / Broadband / Internet page?

Obscure your names in the BB Username but post the 1st 2 parts of the IP addy. This will tell us at which stage EE have got to.

Is this for ADSL BB or Fibre? Which router, BrightBox 1 or 2 or Smart Hub?

Does the phone work? Do you get a dial tone? Does it announce your correct no. when you dial 1470 17070?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by mdeza1
Explorer

Hi, thanks for the reply,

When I log in into the brightbox 2 login in internet explorer, it says the following:

Broadband Type : ADSL

Broadband State: Disconected

Internet State : Disconected

IP Address : 0.0.x.x

It is weird that it says disconnected becuase i got an email yesterday saying that the broadband was ready to use.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Not weird at all. The router gives the facts; the email just an estimate.

Your BB has not been connected at all. What about the phone?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by mdeza1
Explorer

I do not have a phone in my flat.

This flat has direct wall conections for the Internet. So I inserted the DSL cable straight into the wall.

What should I do now??

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Complain to EE that your BB hasn't yet been connected or wait till tomorrow & see if it comes alive.

What phone socket have you? Post an image.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @mdeza1

Thanks for coming to the community.

If you give our broadband team a call on 0800 079 8586 they will be able to get this looked into for you. 

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.