by Houldcroft Investigator
Investigator

Recently got EE Broadband at 5ghz. Recommend an Alexa smart plug that works?

Having troubles getting a smart plug that works for Alexa and will work on EE 5ghz broadband . Any recommendations??

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Recently got EE Broadband at 5ghz. Recommend an Alexa smart plug that works?

Routers that do 5GHz also do 2.4GHz. If you have an EE Smart Hub try separating the wireless channels. On the Advanced / Wireless Settings page of the SH there is a button near the top to Separate the Bands. Turn it ON. Then the 5GHz SSID will appear starting with "5GHz-" & the 2.4 GHz SSID not starting with "5GHz-". Then connect the smart plug to the 2.4 GHz SSID if it can't do 5GHz.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Recently got EE Broadband at 5ghz. Recommend an Alexa smart plug that works?

Hi @Houldcroft 

Just use the 2.4 channel. I use Tp-link HS110 plugs with power monitoring. They work just great with Alexa.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

Re: Recently got EE Broadband at 5ghz. Recommend an Alexa smart plug that works

I think I have the EEsmart hub router- but where can I find the necessary
settings? There doesn’t seem to be anything on the actual router itself.
It’s just sitting there happily in it’s aqua lights.
--
*Pat Houldcroft*
Investigator

Nothing on the router to change it to 2.4! Do I need a special app or
something.

--
*Pat Houldcroft*
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Houldcroft,

Welcome to the EE Community.

You can log in to your router at 192.168.1.254. From there, please follow @XRaySpeX's instructions above.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.