by Colinw
Explorer

Re: EE broadband transfer - BT say my landline is not recognised

I've had a similar issue moving from Talktalk to EE for fibre bb and landline. Been trying for last 6 wweeks for them to port my previous landline number and have had 3 dates from them of when it will be done,  the last being on friday. its still not been done and only just been told today they can't because talktalk own the number when talktalk have told me they've released the number and did it on the date if the transfer to EE but EE have given me a new number! To say I'm not happy is an understatement!

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

EE broadband transfer - EE Won't Port my TalkTalk Landline

@Colinw: EE seem to do this quite often. It saves them having to wait while TT write to you to tell you another provider is taking over your landline & giving you 2 weeks to reject it, as per OFCOM regs to prevent "slamming". That way EE gets you on-board sooner as a customer.

You are entitled to retain your landline no.  I should keep on at EE to port it over. They have done this before & eventually brought the right no. across.

Is your BB with EE up & running?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Colinw
Explorer

Re: EE broadband transfer - EE Won't Port my TalkTalk Landline

Hi
yes it is but for fibre is much slower than i had with talktalk which wasn't fibre! they've said it's a fault on the line.. have checked it and now have an engineer booked to come out!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: EE broadband transfer - EE Won't Port my TalkTalk Landline

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

If you would like help with your speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the steps and provide the data as requested in the Need Help with Your Home Broadband Speed or Connection? sticky. This will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.