by Nigel19 Investigator
Investigator

Re: CCTV connection over EE for personal users.

I have just had EE home broadband connected to my house but I cant connect my Anneke CCTV, it was working fine.  Any idea what the issue is?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Did you have to register an a/c at the Anneke site in order to view the CCTV away from home? If so, do you have to login to it whenever you want to view the CCTV away from home?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Nigel19 : Have you port forwarded its ports? Do you have a DDNS?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Nigel19 Investigator
Investigator

Sorry what does all that mean?  I took out my XLN router plugged in my EE and the CCTV broadband and its not working.

by Nigel19 Investigator
Investigator

I meant I changed the CCTV ethernet cable over and thats it, everything else works

by Nigel19 Investigator
Investigator

I have managed to log into my EE routher and entered the DDNS page.  It says I need to register for a DDNS provider, do i need this for my CCTV cameras to work?

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Did you have to register an a/c at the Anneke site in order to view the CCTV away from home? If so, do you have to login to it whenever you want to view the CCTV away from home?

View solution in original post

by Nigel19 Investigator
Investigator

Yes I do have to log in but I can see the other devices at other3  properties.  Its just the one where I changed the router.  I have a lead running directly from the Anneke DVD to the router and I can no see what.  I have managed to get into the router and can now see what a DDNS is and what port forwarding is I just dont know what to do about it.  I phoned EE but they have not been that helpful.  Any more thoughts as its definitely some settings on the EE router that I need to change

by Nigel19 Investigator
Investigator

I am not quite sure what you have helped me to do, but its working!  Thanks for your help.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.