by LauraF11
Explorer

Re: Broadband bill increased by £10 this month, without warning

My broadband was also increased by £10 this month. I am shocked that it would be increased by 50% without warning. Can you please look into it for me?

6 REPLIES 6
by Profile closed
Not applicable

@LauraF11and @cloudcuckooland, were you on promotional cheap 12 month deals that expired? If so you'd have been told when you took out the bargain deal what would happen at the end of it.

by LauraF11
Explorer

Thanks RKB, maybe time to move on then. My account states it's an 18 month term right now but I was never given the option of agreeing to the new contract. I'm sure the regulators do not look kindly on this practice.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@LauraF11 wrote:

My account states it's an 18 month term right now

@LauraF11 : Are you at the end of that term? That's usually when the price increases as was offered & you agreed when you took the contract out. Just like the current Fibre BB offer:

£27 a month for 18 months, then £37 a month

It is a min term contract, not a fixed term contract. After the min term it continues on a a rolling 14-day nontice basis. Hence EE have no reason to offer you a new cheaper contract but you could phone them and ask for a new 1 with a new min term. OFCOM is not fazed at all by such practises as the terms are spelt out to the consumer at the outset (as quoted above).

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

@LauraF11 if you're just out of the 18 month contract then you'll be on a rolling contract at full price now as @XRaySpeX said. That's how it is for BB. I've been there. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @LauraF11.

Welcome to the EE Community.

If you've come to the end of your 18 month agreement, I'd recommend contacting our Broadband Care team to see what deals are available now.

Let us know how you get on with this.

Jon

by DaveLister Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Unfortunately it's common practice for ISP's not to remind you when your contract ends. I was keeping track of mine with PlusNet because I wanted the new 150MB service from EE that PlusNet STILL don't offer. I switched over at the right moment and made PlusNet have kittens, LOL. I expect the same will happen with EE, when I will probably switch to the 300MB service to continue to get a discount. I am new getting the 150MB service for LESS than I would have paid for the 80MB service, from PlusNet, without discount.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.