by Jules63 Investigator
Investigator

Re: 1 Website Not Loading?

I am having a similar problem on EE broadband today. When I go to tomtom.com I get a "Your Connection is not private" error message, but disconnectiing from EE broadband and using my O2 phone as a hotspot instead, I can go to tomtom.com with no problem so it's not Tomtom. 

The error message is NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID This server could not prove that it is www.tomtom.com; its security certificate is from *.wetteronline.ch. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

7 REPLIES 7
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Jules63 , I have just clicked on the link for TomTom, no problems here and ch is 
Switzerland.

by Jules63 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks. It must be something local here then. The same thing happens when I use another computer in the house so it's something to do with local routing somehow. It is still giving the same error. I could use the O2 phone but I actually wanted to download a 4gb tomtom update. 

Highlighted
by Jules63 Investigator
Investigator

I also notice the tomtom app for windows 10 says it also cannot connect to tomtom.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jules63 : On my Win 10 PC over the EE BB network I can run the TomTom app & get to the TomTom site with a valid security cert.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Which type of router are you using, @Jules63?

Chris

by Jules63 Investigator
Investigator

Thank you all for your help. I am using a Brightbox 1. 

However overnight something seems to have updated as the Tomtom site is freely accessibly again now with no certificate warnings. I have not rebooted my PC or router and left the error window open all night, I just refreshed the Chrome error page I left open this morning and the site came up OK, so someone did something somewhere.

Thanks again.

by
EE Community Support Team

How strange, @Jules63.

I'm glad it's working for you now. 🙂

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.