by Dgarey Investigator
Investigator

Re: Problems with sky q broadband connectivity

High do you enter all of the numbers for the google dns?

by Russo109 Contributor
Contributor

The easiest way to go it is on your sky box. Go to settings network Change to manual and enter 8 8 8 8 for DNs. And restart box

by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, you change the DNS in the router by switching it from "Obtain from ISP" to "Manual" in Basic Settings & the key in the pairs of nos. I gave you of whichever DNS you want.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by NeilCrompton Investigator
Investigator

I have a Sky q box and a n EE4G router. The box is connected to the router but not to the Internet.

I line with your advice, I tried manually switching on the Sky Q box to a public DNS. This has had some effect in that it is now flashing backwards and forwards between connected to the internet and not connected. Does this mean I have not yet find the right public DNS address or is it possible that the Sky Q box is synching to my internet.

Thanks. I am having the usual problem of Sky telling me the problem is with EE and EE telling me the problem is with Sky.

Investigator

I have a Sky q box and a n EE4G router. The box is connected to the router but not to the Internet.

In line with your advice, I tried manually switching on the Sky Q box to a public DNS. This has had some effect in that it is now flashing backwards and forwards between connected to the internet and not connected. Does this mean I have not yet find the right public DNS address or is it possible that the Sky Q box is synching to my internet.

Thanks. I am having the usual problem of Sky telling me the problem is with EE and EE telling me the problem is with Sky.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @NeilCrompton

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Unless @XRaySpeX has any other advice, I can only recommend speaking with our technical support team again for them to look into this further.

Chris

by Russo109 Contributor
Contributor

Have you set the DNS on the sky box and the minis to manual and 9999?

Also you need to restart the boxes after changing the settings.

Just for info after the last few firmware updates on sky q I'm not back to normal with DNs set to auto

Investigator

Tried that thanks but no joy. It still says connected to the router but not to the internet. My son has similar problems with his x-box. He can connect to x-box live but not play a game online. All the other devices work fine. EE technical are supposed to be calling me back but have not. It is a very disappointing. It is an expensive service that does not work. Before I took out the contract to check that I could use both Sky Q and X box with EE4 g. Can anyone help?

by
EE Employee

Hi @NeilCrompton and welcome to the community.

Just so we can rule out any issues, please can we get you to try and connect your devices to your phone via tethering, this way we can rule out if its the device or connection.

Many thanks,

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.