by
Grand Master

Re: Power cut in house no connection

I use the email form for all my incidents & usually get sensible responses. I find that phone CS are ignorant of the technicalities of BB.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by
Valued Contributor

soft system reprovide
flexing of the circuit  

I just contacted the tier 2 team after being 35 minutes on hold , and the above is what shes going to do. 

Thoughts lol Smiley Very Happy

by
Valued Contributor

Ok so after being lied to , fobbed off , i'm still getting no where....

So the first person i spoke to just now , who wasn't tier 2 tried to say there was a fault in the area. FIRST LIE there is no known faults in my area as confirmed by someone in tier 2 , i was told it was being escualted by a enigneer to open reach SECOND lie no one raised it to a open reach enigneer untill just now and the earilsest date i got was wednesday for someone from openreach to fix the issue. And finally the grand lie was they all said they changed my password on my router for my log in and none of them did... it was still the same password as its always been.

So after 5 people said it was reported to open reach there was nothing on my notes to state this and this lady at tier 2 is the first person to raise it to them. 

So joy , although im still sure this issues lies within the ee system they still think a enigneer is nesscary. 

No internet yay... 

by
EE Community Support Team

Do keep us up to date with this @pillzandskillz

Many thanks,

Lee

by
Grand Master

Warned ya! This fault is not fixable by a BE eng. it is with the purview of EE. Time for the online form?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by
Valued Contributor

Router light constantly blinking red , i've been in contact with 15 different people from ee and they are all saying its a issue with open reach , constant "PPP: CHAP authentication failed" msgs in the System Log as well , It looks to me as if there's a mismatch between what EE's database holds for me in the initial set-up (called TR09) and what your CHAP Authentication server holds.

We had a power cut and its been like this ever since , blinking red internet light no errors found on my line what so ever and my log in for my router has been checked so many times.

Could you please look into this and get it fixed for me asap. My kids are off school and they have no internet connection for any devices in my house including tv.

Thanks

Sounds ok?

by
Grand Master

No, this is just a user discussion forum. We don't fix faults in EE systems, just advise user on how to get them fixed.

by
Valued Contributor

I did make a reply but the internet must of disconnected...

Openreach engnieer coming out to house on wednesday between 8am and 1pm. 

Hopefully for a fix..

by
Valued Contributor

The plot thickens....

So as this is my very first tehcnical fault i didn't make a habbit of writing down my router password , turns out my partners being saying one thing and all the EE tech support staff have been saying its right , but it wasn't....

They have been giving me the wrong password all this time , however i entered the right password in and it hasn't made a diffrence. 

Thoughts?

by
Grand Master

Whatever pwd, the initial EE setting up does not agree with their authentication server.

by
Valued Contributor

I just wanted to thank you ray , for the replies and that. I know we didn't get a fix we but we got the ball rolling a bit futher. Open reach due out in the morning , hopefully its all resolved , your a credit to these forums just giving bits of advice here and there your always online giving a helping hand , hope EE know how lucky they are to have you on here. 

Spoke to a lovely chap last night from the tier 2 team who actually knew his stuff , talking about his gaming pc , so their is the rare chance you get threw someone who merits the pay cheque from time to time , also tried to sync my passwords with all other systems to no affect but he tried...

My league of legends awaits me in the morning i hope lol Smiley Happy

by
Grand Master

Glad I can be of help. Hope you get somewhere with it soon. Once you get to the BB Team they'll know all about these 2 processes & how they could get out of step.

by
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

UPDATE NO FIX:

Ok so I didn't want to reveal something so personal , but I'm mentally ill I suffer from complex mental health issues IE borderline personality disorder , I have just had the rudest most igortant engineer visit my propertie.

It started off with him meeting my partner , I ran upstairs because I don't like meeting new people , I evetually plucked up the courage to come down stairs and introduce myself to the engineer , he said so whats the issue then I mentioned the chap issues and he completely ignored me and spoke to his intern he was training on the job.

He then muttered under his breath to his intern , yeah look hes got a custom gaming pc hes more than likely mucked around with the router and thought he new what he was doing..... <--- I had to go back upstairs i was in a fit of rage , i then came back down 5 minutes later and he asked me what the login was for the router i told him to look on the back as i don't have it written down , he sat in my pc chair and begin looking confused as the IP wasn't loading my routers main page , i told him i disabled the ethernet ports on my pc because the router was interfearing with my wireless single from the phone i was tethering upstairs , yeah said yeah yeah i know what im doing. 5 seconds later , oh you disabled the ethernet port i just walked off and sighed...

He was costantly bad mouthing EE and swearing at how bad the routers where , he then said i got to make a call and went outside leaving the front door open in the middle of winter , i told him yeah you can't get single here its like a blackspot he then started acting all cocky saying the house was like a farrday cage because the steal beams installed into the installtion.

So to sum up , the rude igorant man visits from openreach , doesn't fix the issue , blames EE says the router might be at fault , so that's 2 routers that are apparently broken now.

When he left i was shaking like a leaf with anger , not because of the fact he the net was down but because of the way he spoke to me and addressed himself to me.

Phoned EE as soon as he left , they still have no clue on whats wrong. Sending me a new router out to attempt to fix the issue so thats another 6 days with no internet.

I hate to say it , its things like this that resort me back to self injury this guy made me feel like a idiot.

by

[ Edited ]

Hi @pillzandskillz

We take reports of this nature very seriously.

Can you please send me your contact details in a private message?

I'd like to have somebody look into this and contact you as a priority. 

Thanks,

Lee

by
Valued Contributor

I finally have my internet back , a very clever tech2  managed to sync passwords from exchange to me . 

But my God the compliants will be rolling in.

Thanks for the replys

by

Hi @pillzandskillz

I take it someone gave you a phone call Smiley Happy

Glad you are now sorted.

Many thanks,

Lee

by
Valued Contributor

Nope no phone call yet , just kept constantly calling till someone who knew what they was doing answered. 

by
Grand Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author pillzandskillz
Sunday

[ Edited ]

That's good to hear. Glad I could be of help.

Just shows that your unfortunate experience with the BT eng. was ompletely unnecessary and that EE could have solved this ages ago from the comfort of their own desks by aligning the pwd on the TR09 database with that of the Authentication Server. I hope you have now been told your correct pwd?

You should be claiming some hefty compensation for all this.

by
Valued Contributor

Yeah , we shall see what happens. But that bt engineer shouldn't be intreacting with customers. If i had recorded him here whilst he was saying half of what he said his p45 would be in the post. 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.