Highlighted
by

Port forwarding

I am a novice regarding port forwarding.

I have an Imac connected to my EE Smart router via a wired LAN  that I wish to wake and access from sleep via the internet when away from home. I have a programme called Remote Wake up by Witt Software that will do this but I have to set the router to port forwarding with a static IP address for the Imac. Have set static IP and gone into router port forwarding using this IP have set protocol but don't know what values to put into the External and Internal ports start and end. Also I believe there might be security issues and something about SSH would be better.

Can anybody advise me in layman terms. I am computer and network savy but a total novice regarding port forwarding and EE can't help.

Regards Baz

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Port forwarding

@bazbon   Why not just use connectwise control.  This will wake up the Mac and it’s so simple to use.  I use this at work from my iPhone. 

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Port forwarding

The Remote Wake up s/ware by Witt Software should have in its instructions what ports to open. The Port Forwarding External and Internal ports starts and ends should be the same as the ports you are instructed to open.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.