by Amandaro
Explorer

Please does anyone lnow how to connect my Ee smarthub to am openreach box?

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Please does anyone lnow how to connect my Ee smarthub to am openreach box?

You mean an OR Fibre modem? Yes, you plug it into the EE SH's red WAN port 4 using an Ethernet cable.

Are you on G.Fast BB (EE's Fibre Max)?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Amandaro
Explorer

Hi thanku, yes am on max fibre but tried all of the ports from the openreach modem and into the red ethernet port on the back of the EE router. Nothing seems to work and i end up using the fone socket to get any broadband. Still not a bad speed tho. Just wondered if anyone else has had any trouble. Cheers

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Post your full router stats.

For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings/ System/ DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page.

For a SmartHub: login and go to Advanced Settings/ Technical Log/ Information.

Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.