by grapo2001
Explorer

Pixel 3 not compatible with EE Fibre Broadband?

I have been a happy EE Fibre Broadband user for nearly two years now, with a Brightbox 2 with no issues with the WiFi using iPhones, Macbook, Mac Mini etc.

I upgraded my EE mobile phone contract to a new Google Pixel 3 and whenever I connect to the WiFi the broadband speed drops to nearly zero and kills the WiFi for the rest of the devices connected.  If I disconnect the Pixel 3 the broadband speed goes back to normal for the other devices. 

I have tried all sorts of different settings on the phone and also testing the 2ghz and 5ghz connections and I can't figure out what to do.  I really don't want to change my broadband provider from EE and i'm really dissapointed I can't use my new phone properly.

Anyone have any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Pixel 3 not compatible with EE Fibre Broadband?

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

Do you mean that your BB speed as shown by the router drops or is it the WiFi speed of all your devices?

Post your full router stats with & w/out the Pixel connected.

For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings/ System/ DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page.

For a SmartHub: login and go to Advanced Settings/ Technical Log/ Information.

Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by grapo2001
Explorer

Re: Pixel 3 not compatible with EE Fibre Broadband?

I was testing using the speedtest app when connected with the Pixel 3, which was showing BB speeds of 0-2mbps.  Testing the speed using the same app with an iPhone7, with Pixel 3 not connected was showing normal speeds of 14mbps.  Streaming Netflix on TV via a wired connection to the Brightbox showed deteriation in streaming quality when the Pixel 3 connected to the wifi.

Will get the stats for you tonight when i'm at home. 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.