by Clare26 Investigator
Investigator

Pinterest not working

I cannot get Pinterest to work on mine or my mums iPads or phones now I have switched to fibre from standard EE broadband. I use Pinterest daily as part of my business, if I can't get it with fibre then I would be interested in cancelling and returning to standard broadband. I have seen in the forums that this has been going on for weeks, if not months.... why has this issue not been sorted by now and is it likely to ever get done?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Pinterest not working

@Clare26: Login to your Brightbox router and click on the Basic Settings tab. On that page change the DNS IP Address to Manual and enter the Primary & Secondary DNS of the pair of DNS of your choice. Then click Save Settings.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
28 REPLIES 28
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi, 

As you have said there are other posts on this issue and EE are looking into this issue. If you want to address your specific account needs then you will need to call CS as there is no account access on these forums. 

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Clare26 Investigator
Investigator

Unfortunately EE have not actually addressed the issue in any of the other posts. Telling everyone they know there is a problem and they have opened a support ticket is not helpful information. Why is there an issue, how long do they think it will take to fix and why has it taken so long with still no results? These are the questions that need answering for everyone having the issue, not being fobbed off for weeks. 

by
EE Employee

Good Morning @Clare26

Welcome to the Community! Smiley Happy

The issue has been reported and is currently under investigation.

As the issue is intermittent and doesn't affect all users, it may take a little longer to establish the problem.

This is all the information we have at the moment.

I will post on the main post as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks for your patience.

Karen. Smiley Happy

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Clare26 wrote:

Why is there an issue, how long do they think it will take to fix

That's the whole point of looking into it. Until they've investigated, they won't know. It's the same for any technical problem.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by chrisowens Investigator
Investigator

I investigated, identified what was causing it, and fixed it for myself.

To others having issues with Pinerest, change your DNS to Google DNS (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4), restart your browser and visit Pinterest - this should resolve your issue.

EE people, please pass this info to your tech teams - althought I'm pretty sure they'll be aware of the fix.

by
EE Employee

Hi @chrisowens

Thanks for coming to the Community! Smiley Happy

When did you change the DNS?

We had another user try this and the issue re-occurred.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Actually, @Karen_C, I can'r see that anyone else has tried changing the DNS. All I see is 1 user trying to clear the DNS cache & it worked only for a bit. Not the same thing!

It is a good idea to try changing the DNS & can't do any harm.

You could try & get round this issue by switching the DNS in the router to Manual with 1 of these public DNS:

Open DNS  :	208.67.222.222 & 208.67.220.220
Google DNS:	8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 
Norton DNS:	198.153.192.40 & 198.153.194.40

If this works consistently with PInterest it shows that EE's DNS are faulty.

Investigator

Hi @Karen_C I tried it yesterday (Monday) and it's still working as of these evening (Tuesday).

by Clare26 Investigator
Investigator

I got it working yesterday but it's off again this morning.

by
EE Employee

Thanks @XRaySpeX

I thought they had tried changing the DNS.

Thanks for the feedback @chrisowens

@Clare26 did you try changing the DNS settings?

Investigator

Just an update - it's still working for me today with Google's DNS servers.

by
EE Employee

Great @chrisowens

I've passed it over to the team investigating.

by Chancey30 Investigator
Investigator

Oh great, I am in the process of switching to fibre as I was told the change of router will help receiving pinterest. If it doesn't work Iam switching to BT. Pinterest worked briefly last night and has now stopped again. Why does no one from EE no what's going on and how to fix it?

by Chancey30 Investigator
Investigator

Please can someone provide steps to changing my dns please

@XRaySpeX wrote:

Actually, @Karen_C, I can'r see that anyone else has tried changing the DNS. All I see is 1 user trying to clear the DNS cache & it worked only for a bit. Not the same thing!

You could try & get round this issue by switching the DNS in the router to Manual with 1 of these public DNS:

@XRaySpeX wrote:

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chancey30: On the Basic Settings page change the DNS IP Address to Manual, as I said, & enter the Primary & Secondary DNS of the pair of DNS of your choice.

by gregfirth6 Investigator
Investigator

Can't get Pinterest since switching to EE

Since switching to EE we are unable to get Pinterest on any of the devices in our home. My daughter stores her work on here for her degree course so it is integral to our internet usage. Spoke with customer services team and he basically said he's never heard of Pinterest and he can't do anything about it. Really unhelpful and not impressed as a new customer

by
EE Employee

Re: Can't get Pinterest since switching to EE

Hi @gregfirth6 and welcome to the community.

Our support teams are currently investigating an issue which is affecting EE broadband customers from accessing Pinterest.

Soon as we have any information we will certainly post.

In the mean time you may find changing the DNS settings as advised further up by @XRaySpeX may help.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@gregfirth6:

by gregfirth6 Investigator
Investigator

Thank you ever so much. You are a star. It has worked. One very happy and relieved daughter. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.