by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Paying for fibre, waiting for fibre, 4 months and still no fibre..

No wonder! It seems to a case of "If you don't already have a landline we can fit 1 to give you FTTC but if you do tough!"

Notice the OR check only asks for your addy & has no idea of your landline or its existence.

It also has no idea of exchanges. When I do it it says "Great News. You can get G.Fast" but my exchange doesn't do G.Fast.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by ppop Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Sounds like the check on Openreach is a waste of space..

So back to having no fibre, what next??

Established Contributor

I was rather hoping that EE would be interested but it appears they are not, getting the money, who cares if you actually get what you pay for...

Established Contributor

Update..

After nearly 4 months, an order was put in to Openreach last week and the work is due very soon..

We'll see...

Established Contributor

Finally up and running.. only took 5 months...

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Well done! What does the phone no. checker say now?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

new 21.JPGnew version

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Ah, that's more like it. It shows you can now get Fibre & you are getting top speeds.

I think what happened was OR took 5 months moving you from EO to cab 4 but the phone checker was confused.

Highlighted
Established Contributor
Solution

Spoke with one of the local engineers, and basically had to divert all the lines to the new box on the other side of the road, but they won't do it in bulk, just one by one... management decision..🤔🙄

View solution in original post

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.