by ppop Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Paying for fibre, waiting for fibre, 4 months and still no fibre..

Hello,

A family member is with EE home broadband(and mobile), was on adsl and moved to fibre. The problem is that although it shows as available, its not, and they are actually paying for fibre, they were assured end of May but still nothing. Its now been several months of promises and all getting more than a little unacceptable.

Would someone be kind enough to help?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Established Contributor
Solution

Re: Paying for fibre, waiting for fibre, 4 months and still no fibre..

Spoke with one of the local engineers, and basically had to divert all the lines to the new box on the other side of the road, but they won't do it in bulk, just one by one... management decision..🤔🙄

28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Are they still getting ADSL or is it no service at all? What do EE say is the reason?

What does BT Broadband Availability Checker estimate for their phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out their phone number. If it doesn't recognise their phone number, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

Marton dsl availability.JPGopenreach

[IMG]http://i63.tinypic.com/nwecdu.jpg[/IMG]

Currently still on standard EE broadband, not fibre. Still waiting to be connected to the box 3 doors away, current line supposedly goes direct to the exchange 3 miles away.

They are still paying full price for fibre...

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Is that BTw table for their phone no? If so, where is the bottom bit of the table headed "Premise environment"? May I also see the line above table with their phone no redacted?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

Screenshot_20190614-001806~2.png

This is the phone number version, the other was using the house and postcode

by Grand Master
Grand Master

And the line above the table?

Address & postcode are useless for this purpose. Hence why I insist on & request phone no.

Established Contributor

I've just sent you a message with the exchange and cabinet 4.

It's been going on since March.

EE accepted the fibre order.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Chirbury cab 4 above the phone no. table, not the other tables? I don't expect that!

Established Contributor

Sorry I don't quite get what you mean,  the table in my previous post is the phone number version.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

& the phone no. version definitely says "Chirbury cab 4" above it? I would expect it to have no cab no.

Established Contributor

Yes, phone number, exchange and cabinet. Says it in both address and phone number version.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

An Exchange Only (EO) line should look like this landscaper nearby:

Telephone Number 01938561??? on Exchange CHIRBURY

ADSL Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 4 -- 3 to 7 Available -- --  
ADSL Max Up to 3.5 -- 2.5 to 6.5 Available -- --  
Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available -- --  

Other Offerings

Availability Date

ADSL Multicast -- -- -- Available -- --  

Premise environment

Status

Bridge Tap U            
VRI N            
NTEFaceplate N            
Last Test Date 06-06-2019    

So I'm puzzled by your findings. They seem contradictory.

Established Contributor

Capture0495.JPG

Here's the phone number version. How is it that when you put the house in the search instead of the phone number it comes up with the fibre max speeds but not on the phone number version?

On my phone number it also shows the cabinet, so don't think its unusual.

As I've said been going on for months of paying for fibre but not getting it, not really acceptable, think Openreach probable need a few hard words..

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@ppop wrote:

How is it that when you put the house in the search instead of the phone number it comes up with the fibre max speeds but not on the phone number version?

Where's Fibre Max? VDSL is Fibre, not Max. Fibre Max is shown as G.Fast.

Established Contributor

Sorry, was talking about maximum predicted speeds, not 'max' the product.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, that's what this thread is all about, Why is the Address Checker showing VDSL but the Phone no. Checker not. I'm working on my answer. The Phone no. Checker's "Cab 4" is throwing me. It is most unusual; I've never seen it before.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@ppop wrote:

On my phone number it also shows the cabinet, so don't think its unusual.

Are you also on an EO line? Don't you have Fibre BB? It's EO lines that show no cab.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

As I see it, they already have an existing landline on an Exchange-Only line, despite the Phone Checker saying it's on cab 4. Hence there is no Fibre (VDSL) available there. There is a nearby cab 4, presumably more recent than their landline, that does do Fibre but they are not connected to that. OR will not re-route existing landlines just to give individuals faster speeds altho' they may very well have plans in place to move some EO lines in general to cab 4. Had they been in a property w/out an existing landline a new landline would have been laid to cab 4 as per the Address Checker.

When they signed up with EE did they give their existing phone no? If not, EE would have been quite justified in accepting their order on the assumption that a new landline needs to be provided & that it would support Fibre from cab 4. However when it was discovered that they had an existing landline EE have to wait for OR to move these EO lines to cab 4. That is where the delay is & EE are dependant on OR to complete it.

Where EE are wrong is charging Fibre prices over this period while your relatives are still only getting ADSL BB. They should complain to EE about these overcharges.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

As far as I can tell OR are still working on moving EO lines in this area to Fibre. What does Use Openreach fibre checker report for their address?

Established Contributor

• Screenshot_20190614-120125~2.png

It Says, "great news!!!!"

They wish it was.....

As far as giving EE their phone number, they were already with EE so they definitely had their number!!

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.