by surfingstoat
Explorer

P2p slow download on fibre

Just wanted to understand why my p2p download speeds are so slow they are almost zero. It says there is not traffic management on we.

Do ee slow down p2p downloads?

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: P2p slow download on fibre

Hi, 

What are you downloading as Torrents or newsgroups, maybe throttled or banned.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

If you would like help with your speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the steps and provide the data as requested in the Need Help with Your Home Broadband Speed or Connection? sticky. This will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by surfingstoat
Explorer

The speed seems good apart from p2p. I just want to know whether ee slow down p2p downloads???

by Grand Master
Grand Master

EE’s broadband services are not subject to traffic management.

See EE Broadband Traffic Management Policy .

Section 2: Traffic management to optimise network utilisation 
Is traffic management used during peak hours? No 
When are typical peak hours? Not applicable Not applicable
What type of traffic is managed during these periods? 
Traffic Type     Blocked     Slowed down       Prioritised 
P2P              Unticked     Unticked           Unticked
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.