by
Visitor

Outlook

Hi

Can anyone tell me will I loose my archived emails under my freeserve.co.uk  address when this mail address no longer exists in May??

and when I set up a new mail address with another provider how can alert all companies that hold my freeserve address as part of my password 

This is going to be a nightmare why has EE decided to do this

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
Grand Master
Solution
Accepted by James_B (EE Community Support Team)
‎18-02-2017 03:19 PM

Why Outlook???

[ Edited ]

Yes, everything to do with EE email goes at end May.

So if you have left your archived emails on EE's email server they go. But where does Outlook come into it? If you are using the Outlook email program on your PC then all those emails that you have downloaded to Outlook will obviously remain there. They are stored on your PC.

You need to tell any sites you have registered your freeserve.co.uk email address with of a change of address yourself. For any that may be emailing you in the meantime you could Set up an Away message in your Orange Webmail informing them of the change of address but this will only operate until 31 May. Whether thet take notice of your Away msgs is doubtful as many use a "do-not-reply" return email addy.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
1 REPLY
by
Grand Master
Solution
Accepted by James_B (EE Community Support Team)
‎18-02-2017 03:19 PM

Why Outlook???

[ Edited ]

Yes, everything to do with EE email goes at end May.

So if you have left your archived emails on EE's email server they go. But where does Outlook come into it? If you are using the Outlook email program on your PC then all those emails that you have downloaded to Outlook will obviously remain there. They are stored on your PC.

You need to tell any sites you have registered your freeserve.co.uk email address with of a change of address yourself. For any that may be emailing you in the meantime you could Set up an Away message in your Orange Webmail informing them of the change of address but this will only operate until 31 May. Whether thet take notice of your Away msgs is doubtful as many use a "do-not-reply" return email addy.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.