by Chipper Investigator
Investigator

Our home phone does not always ring but the call records on 1471

We are having issues with our home phone. When people call us it rings at their end but our phone does not ring or show a call coming in on the screen. If they wait long enough they can leave a voicemail and we can pick it up on 1571. If we phone 1471 it also records the call being made. The fault appears to be intermittent as we reported this a week or so ago - BT have been out and done checks, changed our main incoming socket and checked the line. Regrettably on that day the phone was working OK so it appeared that they had fixed it. A few weeks ago we also tried using an old style phone and that didn't work either. Also bypassing the broadband filter does not work. If we know a call is coming in i.e. we use our mobile to ring the house phone we can pick the receiver up and connect to the call. We can make outgoing calls no problem and broadband works OK.

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Our home phone does not always ring but the call records on 1471

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

Have you just joined EE or are you already with EE?

Does the phone announce your correct no. when you dial 1470 17070?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Chipper Investigator
Investigator

We have been with EE/Orange for years and nothing has changed recently i.e. we have not added anything to our system.

Have just tried 1470 17070 and yes it gave me the correct No and then some different options. I didn't choose any options as not sure which one to choose or what they would do.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Chipper

Have you flagged this with the customer services team and they can talk you through the process?

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I wasn't asking you to choose any option, just to check the announcement & it's all good.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Chipper Investigator
Investigator

Yes we contacted customer services a few weeks ago who checked the line and attempted to call us. The phone didn't ring but recorded the call when we checked using 1471 so he asked BT to attend. Whilst we were waiting (2 or 3 working days) the phone started working again so when BT attended all the checks they did showed everything to be OK. It worked (or so we thought) for a good few days and then it's stopped again. It's so annoying. Guess I'll have to log this again with EE and have BT attend again but this will have to wait until after our holiday. Thanks.

by
EE Community Support Team

Have a lovely holiday @Chipper and I hope this is sorted once your back.

Speak soon

Richard

🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.