by Absinthe
Explorer

Openreach Ultrafast (FTTP) and EE Availability

Hi,

After years of struggling with only 1Mbps over copper, Openreach have just, in the past couple of days, commissioned the infrastructure for FTTP to my area.   Putting my postcode/phone details into BT's and Zen's sales websites now lists 150 & 300Mbps options, but not for EE.   

If a FTTP connection is available through Openeach, will EE offer an ultrafast service imminently?  Is the fact that I can't see an ultrafast service through EE only because the line data is a little out of date, or is there some other reason, such as exchange equipment that needs to be installed and so EE availability will be a much longer wait?  

Thanks

Openreach-redacted.jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Openreach Ultrafast (FTTP) and EE Availability

Yes, you can get FTTP there but not from EE who don't sell it. You can't get G.Fast, which EE does sell, there.

Any FTTC (VDSL) which you can get would be rather slow.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

EE don't sell FTTP but they do G.Fast which they call Fibre Max.

What does BT Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Absinthe
Explorer

Thanks XRaySpeX.

BT Wholesale screensnap below.  I'm about a mile from the nearest cabinet and so I think G.Fast isn't possible?  I had got the impression that for an ISP Ultrafast offering that would normally be provided as G.Fast, if over a certain distance and with fibre available, Openreach would connect FTTP for the same ISP product?  I find it had to get good information.

ThanksBTWholesale-redacted.jpg

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Yes, you can get FTTP there but not from EE who don't sell it. You can't get G.Fast, which EE does sell, there.

Any FTTC (VDSL) which you can get would be rather slow.

by Absinthe
Explorer

Thanks.   It looks like it has to be Zen or BT then.

Re. VDSL, I tried to get this a couple of years ago but BT and others wouldn't install as speeds were so slow.  My only option was ADSL.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

BT should have a product called Faster BB which is for users with an expected VDSL Fibre speed < 15 Megs (they don't want to call it Infinity). Also EE might sell you their ordinary Fibre BB in such a case. Did you try EE for that?

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.