Highlighted
by dlystyr Investigator
Investigator

Openreach Engineer visit tomorrow no longer needed

Hi,

I reported a fault a few days back as our line was crackling and cutting off sometimes, after an openreach engineer was playing with the little green box at the end of our road tonight (about 1 hour 30 mins ago) that issue seems to have been fixed.

So I no longer need this appointment and have arranged to go into work instead of losing money. however the EE Customer service representative said I would get charged should I not be here. but there seems to be no way to cancel out of hours and the engineer is due between 8am - 1pm. There seems no point me being here now and its a waste of time for everyone. 

The fault ref is 320352711, if someone from EE can see this, please cancel. I do not expect any charge as this was obviously a problem with openreach equipment which I am sure you can prove they managed that equipment today somehow.

Regards,

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Openreach Engineer visit tomorrow no longer needed

This user discussion forum can have no access to your specific account. You will need to phone CS 1st thing in the a.m.

Perhaps it would still be wise to have an eng look at your line. You've only had 1 hour 30 mins of clear line. Also the earlier noise & discons might have caused the DLM to band your profile & it might need a BT eng to reset it if it hasn't returned automatically.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

This user discussion forum can have no access to your specific account. You will need to phone CS 1st thing in the a.m.

Perhaps it would still be wise to have an eng look at your line. You've only had 1 hour 30 mins of clear line. Also the earlier noise & discons might have caused the DLM to band your profile & it might need a BT eng to reset it if it hasn't returned automatically.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@dlystyr If they cant get access to your property it will become a chargeable visit.

edited post to correct information given @XRaySpeX answer is correct.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@David : It won't be OP's kit at fault if work at the local cab has seemingly fixed the fault. Also it's easy for OP to delimit the fault when present by testing at the test socket.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks, @David  🙂 .

by dlystyr Investigator
Investigator

Yeah I guess you are right, maybe let them look anyway, they could always find something else at fault or something might not be so stable, my ip networking is fine but telecoms im very rusty!, maybe they will give me a new faceplate like previously 😉

Thanks for your answers

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance.

Did you test at the test socket while you had the earlier period of instability to eliminate your own wiring before you called out EE?

by dlystyr Investigator
Investigator

Yeah first thing I tried, was still the same.. funnily enough the in-laws live around the corner were getting the same issue until tonight also, they are with a different supplier but obviously still openreach equipment, whatever they fixed tonight has done the job but I guess its never a bad idea to let a qualified engineer look over anyway.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions