by Really-Fed-Up
Explorer

Nothing but problems with internet

Hi. Moved to EE from Sky a few months ago for broadband and have had nothing but problems. Never had an issue with Sky speeds or connection but have had nothing but bother since switching. Only moved cos it was cheaper (and now the price has been increased so I'm paying more than i was for sky......)

And it's not even fit for purpose. I'm typing this using my mobile data!

Inititally there was loads of problems with the connection dropping out. EE did stuff remotely, sent me a new router and sent a BT engineer out. No problems with the line. Doesn't drop out as much now but it's too slow.

I live myself so it's just me using it. All i want to do is watch netflix (not even HD netflix) or iplayer and be on Facebook on my phone but i cant stream ANYTHING.

I've done loads of speed tests, most recent one from tonight from my (now wired) xbox for streaming iplayer is

Download 1.52

Upload 0.59 

Xbox was the only device using connection.

Router channel changed about, router plugged into main BT socket, on a table a foot out from the wall about 6 feet from where I am. 

I did a (wireless) speedtest earlier on broadband.co.uk which said 1.66 download

Did a wired one from laptop and got 2.27 download which is the highest I've seen. Got 0.93 on Sunday night....

I've tried different leads, filters, wired and wireless connections, changing the channel... i am fed up! I just want to watch tv not pay more than I was paying for internet I can't even use!!!! Is there anything else I can try??

Thanks if you took the time to reply

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Nothing but problems with internet

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

If you would like help with your speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the steps and provide the data as requested in the Need Help with Your Home Broadband Speed or Connection? sticky. This will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Really-Fed-Up
Explorer

Screenshot_20180123-202243.png

Hi thanks for reply

It says system uptime is 4.59.11

Link to speedtest https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1516739510268399355

Screenshot_20180123-203032.png

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, it's running at about half speed.

Reboot the router & try plugging it into the hidden test socket that is revealed when you remove the bottom half of the split faceplate (2 screws or press tabs) of your master socket. Only do this if you have a split faceplate. Do you have any extension sockets? Are there any wires connected to back of faceplate?

Post the full router stats & System Uptime when plugged into test socket.

Is the issue any better?

Try the BT Quiet Line Test (dial 17070 Opt 2), preferably with a corded phone, in the test socket with the router disconnected. If there is any noise, report to your landline provider as a voice fault (don't mention Broadband). Often sorting out voice faults will fix the Broadband as well.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.