Highlighted
by

No public IP

I have a weird new error message. My VPN connection to my home network no longer works and my router (ASUS) says my IP number is not a public IP number. I have never had this problem before. Has EE changed something? How do I turn off "no public IP" such that I can reach my home network again? I tried to contact EE. There seem to be no way to contact them other than by sending a letter! What is this year 1920?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: No public IP

With EE, & many other ISPs, you get a dynamic public IP which potentially can change dynamically with every re-sync of the line. If you are remotely addressing your LAN from outside by its last known public IP it could well have changed & the previous public IP has become a non-IP.

You should using a Dynamic DNS (DDNS) service to overcome this common behaviour.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: No public IP

With EE, & many other ISPs, you get a dynamic public IP which potentially can change dynamically with every re-sync of the line. If you are remotely addressing your LAN from outside by its last known public IP it could well have changed & the previous public IP has become a non-IP.

You should using a Dynamic DNS (DDNS) service to overcome this common behaviour.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.