by Samcro91 Investigator
Investigator

No connection after activation day

Hi, yesterday was my activation day for home broadband. About mid day I got an orange flashing light for broadband as opposed to the steady red that had been there, however, I have no connection.

The broadband username is saying readytoconnect@fs I've tried factory resetting it a number of times but still no joy.

I've been waiting 3 weeks to be connected and now I'm still sat here with nothing 😞 is there anything else I can try before losing my temper and launching the brightbox out of the window?

12 REPLIES 12
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: No connection after activation day

Hello there @Samcro91

Thanks for coming here.

We'll send you a message the morning the service is due to go live and another message when it does, Have you had this message?

It could go live at any time up until midnight - you can track your order online from your account online.

Once your broadband is live you can set up your router.  

Hope to hear back from you soon 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

What does it say in the Internet section on the initial Status page of the BrightBox after you log in? Obscure your names in the BB Username but post the 1st 2 parts of the IP addy. This will tell us at which stage EE have got to.

Is this for ADSL BB or Fibre? BrightBox 1 or 2?

Does the phone work? Do you get a dial tone? Does it announce your correct no. when you dial 1470 17070?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Samcro91 Investigator
Investigator

I've spoken with someone at ee who went through the productionhqnun setup process and that didn't resolve it, I've got an engineer coming tomorrow to have a look.

by

I see @Samcro91

Let us know how it goes 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

By the sound of it an eng. will not be of much use as EE haven't completed setting you up but if you provide the info. I asked for I could tell for certain.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Samcro91 Investigator
Investigator

There's no I.P address. It's all says disconnected, the guy on the phone checked everything there is to check and couldn't get to the bottom of it. He's checked with BY and they've marked the job as complete, there's just an orange flashing light next to the broadband symbol and nothing on the internet symbol.

I'm tempted to call back and see if someone else can get close to fixing it. I'm not particularly happy about paying for a service that says it's active but isn't working.

Also, I don't know if it's a 1 or a 2. I got it 2 weeks ago is all I know.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Samcro91 wrote:

It's all says disconnected

Does it say BOTH Broadband is disconnected & Internet is disconnected? Are any speeds showing?

by Samcro91 Investigator
Investigator

Everything is disconnected, no speeds, no I.P addresses. Nothing. Absolutely zilch, zero, nada, nil.

The CS person said it connected VERY briefly yesterday when it went live bit nothing since then at all.

They've run tests, checked Everything, triple checked the username and password. I've reset it and factory restored it a dozen times bit still nothing.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You are not even connected to BB at the exchange. It does now require a BT eng. to fix that.

@Samcro91 wrote:

The CS person said it connected VERY briefly yesterday

That's when you saw the orange light, showing that at least the BB was connected. Now the light will be red.

by Samcro91 Investigator
Investigator

No it isn't. I'm seeing the orange light right this second. Please give me SOME credit. I have a degree in systems and networking along with Cisco 1, 2, and 3

I can tell the difference between orange and red.

by Samcro91 Investigator
Investigator

The light was solid red until yesterday, then it started flashing oranged. So it's obviously connected somewhere down the line.

by

Hello there @Samcro91

Let us know how you get on tomorrow after the engineer visit 🙂

Thanks. Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.