by mwooly10 Investigator
Investigator

No broadband, Red light constantly on

After a power cut in the early hours this morning my home broadband light on the Bright Box is red and isnt receiving internet, Although the wireless light is green, but still no internet connection.

I've checked all the connections and they are fine, my phone line has a dial tone and can make calls. Anyone got any ideas?

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: No broadband, Red light constantly on

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

Have you just joined EE BB or were you already with EE BB?

What does it say in the Internet section on the initial Status page of the BrightBox after you log in? Obscure your names in the BB Username but post the 1st 2 parts of the IP addy. This will tell us at which stage EE have got to.

Is this for ADSL BB or Fibre? BrightBox 1 or 2?

Does the phone announce your correct no. when you dial 1470 17070?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by mwooly10 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for the reply

I've been with EE for about a year now

It's a fibre connection and it's a Brightbox 2

Yes it announces my number correctlyScreenshot 2018-03-10 19.55.31.jpg

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You have no BB at all. The power cut may have taken out the router if it was preceded by a surge, Do you know the cause? 1st thing is to get another router.

You could try a factory reset as a last resort.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by mwooly10 Investigator
Investigator

Tried 2 other routers, although they are old ones so doubt they would work 

Also tried factory reset and still nothing coming through, think i will have to give them a call tomorrow.

For now i'll just carry on using my mobile as a wifi hotspot as and when i need to go online 😞

by Grand Master
Grand Master

The other routers, were they also Brightboxes? If not, they may have looked as if they were not working when they actually were. All you need to show is a BB signal without connecting to the Internet. They might not be set up to work on EE. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @mwooly10

Thanks for coming to see us in community 🙂

I can see @XRaySpeX has offered you support already.

Let us know what happens when you speak with the customer services team,

I hope you manage to get everything sorted out.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

by mwooly10 Investigator
Investigator

All is fine again now. There must of been a fault on the line as its now fixed and works ok

Thanks for the help 🙂

by
EE Community Support Team

Great news @mwooly10

Thanks for letting us know.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.