by kammx1 Contributor
Contributor

Nightmare since my last post

Was told i could not have the sim that martin of the outreach team told me i could have  so i could  get rid of my house line and broadband and cut costs as im now unemployed! Ended up having to take a low data sim and go back to low speed broadband and they cant even do that right ! Activasion date 18th  its now the 23rd and just off the phone asking why iv still no line or broadband! I contacted ee on the 19th and was told couldnt get engineer out till today the 23rd and girls just called and told me there is an outage fault and cant tell me if or when it will be sorted so  id have been ok if i had got the 4g deal that i was told by the out reach team i could have! Nightmare.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Nightmare since my last post

Hi @kammx1

I have sent you a private message, please take a look and get back to me. 

Katie 🙂

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@kammx1   Because it was a bank holiday weekend you wouldn’t get an engineer.   And if there is a outage then an engineer needs to look in to it and find the issue customer services can only give you a time frame once the engineer find the fault.  

by kammx1 Contributor
Contributor

I called the number ee supplied in the post again on the 19th and a woman answered and told me that was her number! Id would not be in this situation if i had got the sim i was told i could have by martin on the help team on here!

by

Good Afternoon @kammx1

I am sorry to hear this has happened, I understand how frustrating this may be for you. 

I can see @Chris_B has gave you the correct information, the team can't provide a time frame until the issue is identified. 

Did the team say they would be in touch?

Speak soon,

Katie 🙂

by kammx1 Contributor
Contributor

Hi i was told on the 19th they would be in touch ! And thats when they booked an engineer to come this morning ! I had to call after sitting in waiting for the engineer and it was a no show or contact from ee i had to phone them to get any info and then get told the same thing but this time they have no idea when i would be connected! Think i will find another provider!

Highlighted
by kammx1 Contributor
Contributor

As i stated i would not be in this situation if i had got the 4g plan i was told i could have!

by
Solution

Hi @kammx1

I have sent you a private message, please take a look and get back to me. 

Katie 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Another ISP will still need to schedule a BT eng from scratch & as you've been told that there is an existing fault needing fixing you still will have to wait for that..

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by kammx1 Contributor
Contributor

Thanks to all the team on here who sorted my problem ! Now have my 60gig sim and for canceling the broadband contract that never got started in the first place!  Thanks again to all who helped and those who posted replies! 1 happy chappy!

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.