by psycopotimas
Explorer

New to EE, Connection poor compared to previous provider

Hi,

We have just started to recieve 80Mb fibre broadband from EE but DLM has kicked in istantly from the moment we have turned it on. I have posted my line stats from my router as of today on EE and also my line stats from being on the same package albeit on Plusnet from yesterday (dsl uptime of 49 days). My understanding is that when a new line goes active there should be no DLM applied unless the cabinet detects errors which my previous stats show my line is very good. Our ping times have shot up due to the interleaving. We have never had this problem before when changing providers, is this something that can be sorted or do i need to cancel before my 14 days are up? any help would be greatly appreciated

Liam

EE stats

TCM(Trellis Coded Modulation)SNRLine AttenuationPath ModeInterleave DepthData RateMAX RatePOWERCRCHECESSESFECINP

ON
ON
6.3 dB15.2 dB
13.2 dBN/A
InterleavedFast
65070 kbps19999 kbps
78298 kbps30423 kbps
13.5 dbm2.6 dbm
3.00 symbols0 symbols

Plus Net Stats 

TCM(Trellis Coded Modulation)SNRLine AttenuationPath ModeInterleave DepthData RateMAX RatePOWERCRCHECESSESFECINP

ON
ON
6.3 dB15.2 dB
13.2 dBN/A
FastFast
79999 kbps19999 kbps
84336 kbps28089 kbps
13.5 dbm2.5 dbm
3  339
0 symbols0 symbols
5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: New to EE, Connection poor compared to previous provider

Good Afternoon @psycopotimas

Thank you for coming to the community 🙂

What was the estimated speed you were provided?

Have you looked at ways to improve your broadband speed?

Alternatively, you can contact our Broadband Gurus who can look at this in further detail for you. 

Keep me updated with how you get on,

Katie

by Grand Master
Grand Master

DLM is in operation from the beginning.

What are all the speed estimates quoted by EE in your MyEE for BB under Your broadband speed ?

What does BT Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by psycopotimas
Explorer

I'm not sure what the estimated speed has to do with it but it was 76mb. the guarented 56mb

As stated and shown by the line stats i have gone from fast path with an interleave depth of 1, physical sync of 79999kbps for the last 3 years, to being with EE and the line instantly going from fast path to inteleaved with a depth of 1273, with a sync speed of 65070kbps in the space of a few hours. The 65070kbps sync speed is irrelevant due to the high interleaving.

I have changed provider twice in the last 3 years and never had a problem before. we have gone from pings in the low 10's to over 50 now not to mention the near 20% decrease in speed.

My line has zero CRC, HEC, ES and SES erros. There is no reason for DLM to have kicked in from the beginning and i know how difficult it can be to get it removed once it has taken grip. i'm guessing by both of your responses i'll be better off cancelling rather than fighting over getting what ever has happened sorted. Never mind, thank you for your time

by
EE Community Support Team

I think it's worth having a chat with our Broadband Gurus, as @Katie_B suggested, @psycopotimas.

They'll do their best to help.

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I've no idea whether you're even getting EE's contractual Min Down speed as you would not post the full EE contractual speed figures but you are certainly getting above EE's Guaranteed Min Speed of 56 Meg. So you can't claim that you are not getting what EE promised.

All you can do is wait & hope that DLM will relent & consider your line is stable enough to run on Fast Path, as it should do.

When did your EE BB go live?

P.S. I was typing this yesterday when suddenly your post to which I was replying was whipped away :(.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.