by Nicibrooke Investigator
Investigator

New router, cannot connect, password not working?

Hello, I have just got a new router today and can't connect to broadband without a wired connection. wireless just says password is wrong? Please help! 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: New router, cannot connect, password not working?

Are you giving the WiFI pwd written on the label on the router to the router's SSID seen in the list of networks on the devices you want to connect? Make sure you are not giving the admin pwd also shown on the label. Read the chars of the pwd carefully. Someone once read 'underline' for the 'hyphen'.

If that isn't working try factory resetting the router by holding a pin in the reset hole in the back until the lights flash & then try again.

If that doesn't work come back & we'll look inside the router.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi, 

• Are you connecting to the correct wifi signal
  • The password is case sensitive 
  • If all else fails reset your router and try again. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

Hey, Thank you, I have tried that a few times. definitely have the right one too!

is reset different to turning it on and off? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Are you giving the WiFI pwd written on the label on the router to the router's SSID seen in the list of networks on the devices you want to connect? Make sure you are not giving the admin pwd also shown on the label. Read the chars of the pwd carefully. Someone once read 'underline' for the 'hyphen'.

If that isn't working try factory resetting the router by holding a pin in the reset hole in the back until the lights flash & then try again.

If that doesn't work come back & we'll look inside the router.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Thank you! I was attempting to use the admin password! 

Feeling very silly now! 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Ah, OK! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

by
EE Community Support Team

We have all done that before @Nicibrooke.

That is what we are here for to help you get on the right track.

Thank you @XRaySpeX for the great help 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.