by Pocketacer
Visitor

New house has existing EE line

Hi all,, I've moved into this property two weeks ago and ordered sky fibre, they have got back to me and say there is still an active EE line on the property so cannot proceed with my order,

I've spoke to the previous owners who conform they have cancelled their account so I'm a bit stuck. 

Any my help would be appreciated thanks 🙂

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Re: New house has existing EE line

The previous owners will have to ring up and chase why it's not cancelled. 

It will benefit them to ring as if it hasn't been cancelled they could still be being charged.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
3 REPLIES 3
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

The previous owners will have to ring up and chase why it's not cancelled. 

It will benefit them to ring as if it hasn't been cancelled they could still be being charged.

by zxcvbnm Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Can you still make phone calls from the phone line? If so perhaps you could call your mobile phone and and see what number shows up?

Then if you discover the lines number you could just sign up to sky using that number and have them take over the line which would presumably close the old account automatically?

Not sure if this would work but its an idea.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@zxcvbnm wrote:

Can you still make phone calls from the phone line? If so perhaps you could call your mobile phone and and see what number shows up?

Then if you discover the lines number you could just sign up to sky using that number and have them take over the line which would presumably close the old account automatically?

Not sure if this would work but its an idea.

This wouldn't work as that number wouldn't be in their name. The previous owners will have to make sure that the account they had is actually closed, a) to help the current residents and b) make sure that they aren't being charged anymore.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.