by PatrickM21
Explorer

New Line installation when already existing line

Hi

I recently moved into a new flat and there is an existing broadband line (previous users had sky) when i initiated a Home Move with EE they informed me i needed an engineer visit. 

The OpenReach engineer visited and said the previous user had not terminated their service which was probably proving the issue and that all he had to do was report back to OpenReach that there was indeed an active line at the property.

I later called EE to enquire about date of activation to be informed that my order hadnt progressed because they were awaiting confirmation that a new line was indeed required. Now, there is obviously an active line into the property but the advisor stated that he would need to cancel my order and reprocess the whole thing, or move forward with the existing "new line" order which would be quicker.

I am now expecting an OpenReach engineer to visit my property (tomorrow) to install a new line, but im wondering what will happen when he realising there is a perfectly operational line into the property? What does a new line installation entail? Can the engineer use the existing infrastructure?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: New Line installation when already existing line

He should use the existing line, but you could still be charged as he has been called out to your home unnecessarily as he only needed to go to the exchange to move the line from Sky kit to BT's. It might still count as a new line installation as at the mo' it's a Sky line.

It might be easier & clearer to cancel your existing order and reorder the whole thing.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by PatrickM21
Explorer

Re: New Line installation when already existing line

Thanks for your reply! EE do not charge for a new line installation if it is part of a home move, so price isnt really an issue - i just did not want to be without broadband for a further 2 weeks on top of the 2 weeks ive already spent without it because of something which wasn't my fault which is why the advisor told me a new line installation was the best option.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.